can i uninstall preloaded apps from my phone?

Captiv8

Reaction score
It should be fine but AFAIK the only things that can be uninstalled is the two games, Nova and Golf one. The rest are locked for now

sre123

Reaction score
This is an "epic fail" on part of Motorola/Google on the D3!! Why do I need Citrix? NFL Mobile? GoToMeeting?? These are useless to me and take up some (not too much) memory. Dumb....

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
This is an "epic fail" on part of Motorola/Google on the D3!! Why do I need Citrix? NFL Mobile? GoToMeeting?? These are useless to me and take up some (not too much) memory. Dumb....

Some of its Moto, most of its VZW. Google doesn't put any of that stuff in there. Call VZW and complain.
Gotomeeting, citrix and a few others are to appeal to business users, so those are understandable. But the rest is just VZW crap.

end of line...

sre123

Reaction score

Some of its Moto, most of its VZW. Google doesn't put any of that stuff in there. Call VZW and complain.
Gotomeeting, citrix and a few others are to appeal to business users, so those are understandable. But the rest is just VZW crap.

end of line...

Thanks. I might do that. Why should I use up my memory for apps I never use??

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I agree. They should be able to be removed.

end of line...

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
Yea Bloatware is one thing, but making it uninstallable is just wrong. The locked bookmarks are just as wrong (if not more)

NoBloatware

Reaction score

I believe that Google has the power to get Moto and VZ in line so I feel that they are just as guilty. I've complained to all of them.

The un-deletable bookmarks in the stock browser is another load of bull.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

I believe that Google has the power to get Moto and VZ in line so I feel that they are just as guilty. I've complained to all of them.

Actually they don't. In the end due to the open source nature google is not receiving any money for using Android. So they have no real leverage to say what's included or not. If it became a licensed product yes, but as it stands now the OEM and carriers can do as they please. Probably one reason they are flocking to it.

end of line...

Sparkimus

Reaction score

NoBloatware

Reaction score

Actually they don't. In the end due to the open source nature google is not receiving any money for using Android. So they have no real leverage to say what's included or not. If it became a licensed product yes, but as it stands now the OEM and carriers can do as they please. Probably one reason they are flocking to it.

end of line...

I understand what you're saying but Google does have power in the relationship. This article is an interesting read: Here's Why Google Is Right To Seize Control Over Android

If you want to delete the "locked" bookmarks just download Bookmark Sort & Backup.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.happydroid.bookmarks&feature=search_result

Run it, long press the bookmark you want to remove and select delete from the pop-up.

Nice work!

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
If you want to delete the "locked" bookmarks just download Bookmark Sort & Backup.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.happydroid.bookmarks&feature=search_result

Run it, long press the bookmark you want to remove and select delete from the pop-up.

Awesome! I didn't think getting rid of those would be so simple. My D3 is one step closer to being perfect.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

The real question is can I install this, delete the locked bookmarks, then uninstall it?

pistacio

Reaction score
Good find!!

Would that app also give any insight in obtaining root on the D3? If it can allow you to delete locked bookmarks, it might have some kind of special permission, or might expose some system exploit.

Just a thought, I'm no expert.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App