Can anyone point me to a thread on how to Root the Motorola Droid?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
theres a whole section dedicated to this.

in my sig link 3 is the one i recommend following.

diverbelow

Reaction score
I'm currently running Froyo 2.2 - Verizon Wireless.

Which version of froyo are you running? FRG01B or FRG22D? If FRG01B, then use easy root (google searchable). If using the other one, then have to downgrade to either FRG01B or 2.1, then root.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Please don't use Easy Root, follow Abe's link and Root the right way, there will be less problems in the long run.....trust

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
*bites tongue*
crazy2.gif
laughAt.gif

LT*

Reaction score
Please don't use Easy Root, follow Abe's link and Root the right way, there will be less problems in the long run.....trust

This is a good policy! Do it yourself, you'll be better off in the long run.

66chevelless

Reaction score

Which version of froyo are you running? FRG01B or FRG22D? If FRG01B, then use easy root (google searchable). If using the other one, then have to downgrade to either FRG01B or 2.1, then root.

I am a total noob, and I have heard downgrading as a very real option, but following the "root regardless of OS" method as offered in this post was really easy and no downgrade required.

Had easy root with frg01b, it worked (won't with frg22d) but I always wondered what was happening with one click, and doing it the RSD lite and SPRecovery way gave a me a sense of accomplishment and taught me a lot about all this. I think all of its theory applies to about anything you would want to do in the future.:motdroidhoriz:

OP
X

xosuitehearts

Reaction score

This is a good policy! Do it yourself, you'll be better off in the long run.

theres a whole section dedicated to this.

in my sig link 3 is the one i recommend following.

I've taken a look at the FEI section of the rooting tutorial and some of them look a bit scary to be quite honest. If I brick my Droid is there any way to get it back to its original state?

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score

currently reading, the FEI sounds like things are scary.

Another question about Rooting, will this erase everything?

99% of the FEI's are due to not following the tutorial. NONE of the FEI's are going to hurt your phone, and in fact, almost all of the issues listed (if you encounter them) will prevent you from flashing the sbf to your phone.

Rooting your phone will not erase anything. Once you wipe your data/cache via SPRecovery (AKA factory reset) you will clear everything off your phone. MyBackUp PRO, or titanium backup will save your apps, and messages, and they both come recommended (its just personal preference).

Last edited: