Color me confused

LisaSOC

Reaction score
I'm trying to get clear on a few things but am having a tough time getting up to speed.

If someone could clarify the following for me, I'd be forever grateful :)

1. I have the Motorola Droid with 2.1-update 1. Is there any time line for when we'll get upgraded to 2.2 (I seem to recall a vague date of sometime before the end of the year)? Am I correct that we're still supposed to get the 2.2 upgrade?

2. Froyo = 2.2?

3. Saw a thread describing how to download Froyo - if I do this (can I still do this?) does this mean I will have "rooted" my phone? BTW, what does "rooted" mean and are their any negative consequences of this?

4. With Froyo, will I be able to (finally) have Flash?

5. Does the Droid X come with 2.2 and thereby have Flash capabilities?

Bottom line, I'd like Flash ASAP in order to use a business website while out and about. Was expecting to have that by now (as I'm sure were many others). Not sure if jumping ship to Droid X will do anything about this or not - couldn't get clear about this from the Verizon website.

Any help/clarification/wisdom for a newb greatly appreciated!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get clear on a few things but am having a tough time getting up to speed.

If someone could clarify the following for me, I'd be forever grateful :)

1. I have the Motorola Droid with 2.1-update 1. Is there any time line for when we'll get upgraded to 2.2 (I seem to recall a vague date of sometime before the end of the year)? Am I correct that we're still supposed to get the 2.2 upgrade?

2. Froyo = 2.2?

3. Saw a thread describing how to download Froyo - if I do this (can I still do this?) does this mean I will have "rooted" my phone? BTW, what does "rooted" mean and are their any negative consequences of this?

4. With Froyo, will I be able to (finally) have Flash?

5. Does the Droid X come with 2.2 and thereby have Flash capabilities?

Bottom line, I'd like Flash ASAP in order to use a business website while out and about. Was expecting to have that by now (as I'm sure were many others). Not sure if jumping ship to Droid X will do anything about this or not - couldn't get clear about this from the Verizon website.

Any help/clarification/wisdom for a newb greatly appreciated!

1. Latest rumor is week of 8/7
2. Yes
3. Yes you would be rooted. To find out more about rooting go to the hacking section. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/632-what-root-means-stop-asking.html
4. Yes
5. No

cromo8

Reaction score
1. was supposed to be july 13th but that ahs sicne passed no known date yet just "SOON"
2. 2.2 is froyo yes
3.yes you can still get froyo through root, rooting is like jailbreaking an iphone, gives u full access to all features of your phone and opens up its capabilities, also allows you to customize your phone, also overclock which is having your processor run faster than it actually can
4. with froyo you can have flash yes, its as simple as downloading the flash application
5. droid x does not have froyo built in with that phone its also coming soon probably the same date as the droid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. was supposed to be july 13th but that ahs sicne passed no known date yet just "SOON"

We can't say absolutely sure but we do have sources and the date appears to be 8/7 week of.

OP
L

LisaSOC

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for getting me up to speed - really appreciate it!