Camera Problem

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by davemorris, Mar 17, 2011.

1. davemorris

davemorris New Member

Hi,

I'm facing two problems with my Motorola Milestone's Camera.

1. I'm using the Android Native Camera app to take a picture and save it to the sdcard.

Code:
      Intent cameraintent = new Intent(MediaStore.ACTION_IMAGE_CAPTURE);
      File file = new File(Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory(), "test.jpg");
      cameraintent.putExtra(MediaStore.EXTRA_OUTPUT, Uri.fromFile(file));
      outputFileUri = Uri.fromFile(file);
      startActivityForResult(cameraintent, CAMERA_PIC_REQUEST);
      Now after saving the image, it seems to lose all EXIF information. When I try to retrieve the exif info like this:

Code:
      ExifInterface exif = new ExifInterface(Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory()+"/test.jpg");
      String exifOrientation = exif.getAttribute(ExifInterface.TAG_ORIENTATION);
      It returns exifOrientation = 0 (i.e ORIENTATION_UNDEFINED ), whereas it should return 6.

However, this code works perfectly well on all other android phones.

2. I changed the picture resolution (camera settings) from "Small" to "WideScreen". But it does not seem to have any effect on the pic taken by the camera app. It's resolution is still 320x240.
  2. aaronabbi

aaronabbi New Member

Digital cameras are great, but Fuji digital cameras problems and the batteries are common with any make and model of camera you buy. If you are camera uses AA alkaline batteries, you might be better off buying rechargeable batteries, which last longer. As for blurry pictures, many times users find out that it is because they do not have the proper settings on the camera. Depending on the type of camera you buy, you should always read the manual before operating the camera. Doing this helps cut down on user error and eliminates any problems with the digital camera.
Search tags for this page
camera error on motorola droid

htc thunderbolt camera error

htc thunderbolt camera flash problems

htc thunderbolt camera problems
htc thunderbolt camera will not boot camera error
motorola droid 3 camera problems
motorola smartphone camera problems