Camera Problem

davemorris

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm facing two problems with my Motorola Milestone's Camera.

1. I'm using the Android Native Camera app to take a picture and save it to the sdcard.

Code:
    Intent cameraintent = new Intent(MediaStore.ACTION_IMAGE_CAPTURE);
    File file = new File(Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory(), "test.jpg");
    cameraintent.putExtra(MediaStore.EXTRA_OUTPUT, Uri.fromFile(file));
    outputFileUri = Uri.fromFile(file);
    startActivityForResult(cameraintent, CAMERA_PIC_REQUEST);

Now after saving the image, it seems to lose all EXIF information. When I try to retrieve the exif info like this:

Code:
    ExifInterface exif = new ExifInterface(Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory()+"/test.jpg");
    String exifOrientation = exif.getAttribute(ExifInterface.TAG_ORIENTATION);

It returns exifOrientation = 0 (i.e ORIENTATION_UNDEFINED ), whereas it should return 6.

However, this code works perfectly well on all other android phones.

2. I changed the picture resolution (camera settings) from "Small" to "WideScreen". But it does not seem to have any effect on the pic taken by the camera app. It's resolution is still 320x240.

A

aaronabbi

Digital cameras are great, but Fuji digital cameras problems and the batteries are common with any make and model of camera you buy. If you are camera uses AA alkaline batteries, you might be better off buying rechargeable batteries, which last longer. As for blurry pictures, many times users find out that it is because they do not have the proper settings on the camera. Depending on the type of camera you buy, you should always read the manual before operating the camera. Doing this helps cut down on user error and eliminates any problems with the digital camera.

imgoinghome

Reaction score
For the past week my camera has been unusable because 90% of the time I open it the picture is partially purple, has random lines, and pressing the shutter (or any other) button does nothing. After about 5 seconds of this my phone will freeze then restart itself. Has anyone else had/heard of this problem and found a fix? Both HTC and Verizon have just told me to factory reset which I haven't tried yet and am a little skeptical that it will actually fix the problem. Just a little annoyed since I have only had the phone 2 months.

ConnorM228

Reaction score
SAME PROBLEM! Factory reset worked for me. It was most likely just corrupted app info that a reset should fix.
That's my theory anyway.

Connor