Please Help! Froyo 2.2 broke my camera! (not just the hue!)

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by chancecatalyst, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chancecatalyst

chancecatalyst New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So the 2.2 update came down for both my girlfriend's Droid and my own yesterday. While excited to finally see many of the changes I had read about, I soon found that I could no longer take pictures...

The camera app opens just fine after hitting the camera button. It even makes the picture-taking noise and seems to take a picture upon pressing the "shutter" button. But the little square where the thumbnail of the last picture taken is usually shown remains black. Upon going to the gallery the pictures I have (seemingly so) just taken are not present. Also, some entries in the gallery (5 of the only 13 I have so far) are now empty squares: in the case where they used to be pictures selecting them leads to a blank screen, some must have been video because upon selecting those empty squares I get a "sorry, video cannot be played" error.

Please Help? My searches only turn up people having trouble with red and purple hues on their camera...

Edit: Apparently the blank squares showing up in the gallery ARE the new pictures I've been trying to take, rather than corruption of older pics. Also I failed to mention the the same problem HAS occurred on my gf's Droid as well.

#1 chancecatalyst, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  2. RW-1

RW-1 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Take any files you need off the SD and load them to your computer (USB).

Then perform a factory reset, and reboot, see if that corrects the issue.

3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.