bye gnex

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
It was a valiant effort, but three phones in one year is to much nonsense. VZW is sending me an S3. Have a slightly used Seidio active in white...pm if interested.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You replaced your g nexus Three times??

Not uncommon. Unless it was because he broke the phone I personally went through 4 because of reception issues. I am on my 5th nexus and though it performed the best it still had to many reception issues. My note 2 has been a 180 from my nexus. I still have my nexus for play but I I do not rely on it for an everyday phone.

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
No significant problems with my gnex... I got one for my son and it had its issues, but it got replaced the same day. Rock solid since 4.1.1. Lucky me.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
sorry to hear the Nexus wasn't working out for ya. I'm sure you'll enjoy your s3.

OP
R850R

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
I'm going to miss the pure android experience, but rooted or not...three devices with reception issues, random boots, no Wi-Fi and the latest black screen were to much.

I need a phone for work and not a novelty anymore. As much as it was enjoyed, I just can't keep it as a hobby.

Reaction score
CurlyBill.jpg

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I'm going to miss the pure android experience, but rooted or not...three devices with reception issues, random boots, no Wi-Fi and the latest black screen were to much.

I need a phone for work and not a novelty anymore. As much as it was enjoyed, I just can't keep it as a hobby.

Feeling your pain, Between VZW and Samsung they totally screwed this phone up. On my 4th now 3 from signal issues, 1 from a drop w/busted glass.

I am saving up now so I can buy a razr hd developers edition which has an unencrypted bootloader so I can root and play with roms like the nexus.

I talked to my wife about switching back to my old OG droid but she will not give it up (She is using it like a ipod touch) even with offering the nexus to her for a swap out she will not take it stating that she has seen all of the problems I have had with it and the cheap build quality (screen shattered on just a little drop as where both myself and her have dropped the droid multiple times over the years and it has only a little ding on the side.)

So once I have my replacement I am going to enjoy throwing this thing against the concrete and watch it shatter into tiny pieces, a just end for how much frustration with dropped data and calls this pos has caused.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
With the note 2 and s3 having unlocked bootloaders development for them seems to be going further. Part of It being the same phone is available internationally and on every carrier so you have a much bigger pool of development to choose from. Plus the note/s3 have the extra ram and killer software features for those who like to root and rely on minor development tweaks to an already feature rich device. I still have my nexus but it sits in the corner. As i have a variety of development to play with if i so choose. But the great thing is I don't need to. When the og droid was rooted it was to add features that were missing and to speed up the processor. Now that I have a phone with features out if the box. I can enjoy it with out feeling like something is missing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

VooDooCC

Reaction score
Lucky..don't get me long, I'm loving my g'nex so far. I went through 3 rezounds in a week and asked about something different, they offered me a Razr, I asked about the s3. They said no way, so I had to sweet talk my way into a g'nex.

shaynesgnex

Reaction score
One big difference from older droids to the Nexus and above....is the screen was protected better from shock. Now the screen goes edge to edge so chances of breakage are higher which increases the need for more responsibility. It you're that much prone to dropping a phone, maybe it's poor care on your part and not poor build on theirs. And maybe it's different here, but I don't consider where I live oozing with 4G, but I've never dropped a call and reception is excellent.

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I feel ur pain. While my nexus performs well for the most part where I live, It has been a nightmare when i visit my parents. That coupled with the apalling battery life hve forced me to pick up a razr maxx hd ASAP.

Gonna miss unlocked freedom but reception and battery life are more important to me.

OP
R850R

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
The transition to S3 went smoothly. Touchwiz isn't bad and the phone updated to JB. So far, battery life is killer (duh, bigger battery), reception is better and the volume/vibrate is awesome.

I did not find a for sale section, but I still have a white Seidio active case and OEM nfc battery for the GNEX...let me know?

Thanks for all the support over the year!

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The transition to S3 went smoothly. Touchwiz isn't bad and the phone updated to JB. So far, battery life is killer (duh, bigger battery), reception is better and the volume/vibrate is awesome.

I did not find a for sale section, but I still have a white Seidio active case and OEM nfc battery for the GNEX...let me know?

PB or White?You got S3 rite on time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score

I hope you requested 32gigs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2