bye gnex

OP
R850R

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
Nope...vzw warranty replacement, white 16gb or razr...I went with s3. Put in a 16g sd card, at this point I have no complaints.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
Hopefully your S3 works well for you, good luck with that. Battery life is horrible for me on my GNEX; I'm lucky to get 1.5 hours of screen on time and about 6 hours of off the charger to either a fresh battery or new charge cycle. Been considering the Razer Maxx HD just for the bigger battery. I have an upgrade due in April so I may just see how long I can keep my GNEX going and see what else comes along.

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Still on my first GNEX after 13 months. Only issue is a cracked camera lens but that is due to a user related issue of not being the most gentle with it. Going to be on this phone for a while so as not to lose my unlimited data with big red.

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
Still on my first GNEX after 13 months. Only issue is a cracked camera lens but that is due to a user related issue of not being the most gentle with it. Going to be on this phone for a while so as not to lose my unlimited data with big red.

That is an extremely easy repair if you're up for that task. Buy an OEM GNex housing off of ebay for about $20. All you need to get the phone apart is a small Philips head screwdriver and a spudger (a guitar pick works too) to pry the screen assembly away from the housing. The repair would take you maybe 10 minutes.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Read about a few of the problems... I guess I have been very lucky since I have not had any issues with my phone since the first week. The first week I had signal issues but this phone has been amazing ever since. Best phone ever! Sorry to hear some of you have not had the same experience.

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm very happy with my Gal Nex Still on my original device I bought a year ago bricked it multiple times but recovered using linux os and adb Thank you google for stock images.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I'm very happy with my Gal Nex Still on my original device I bought a year ago bricked it multiple times but recovered using linux os and adb Thank you google for stock images.

This is what I like to see. Screwed up the phone many times and realizes it's a simple fix. The ease of bringing this phone back from the dead is one of the many reasons Nexus is the way to go.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
This is what I like to see. Screwed up the phone many times and realizes it's a simple fix. The ease of bringing this phone back from the dead is one of the many reasons Nexus is the way to go.
Agreed, other than the dev support this is what made me want a Nexus the most. It's made even easier with one-click toolkits:p

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Im on my 5th nexus and they told me all that I could get is a phone older then the nexus. They said im not allowed to get an S3. One time they told me they didnt have any more nexuses in and that i would have to switch to an OG razor in order to switch out and that it was an upgrade to the nexus(this was 2 weeks ago). I raised hell....

The last 3 phones ive had(within 3 weeks), had some serious QC issues. In one of them the camera didnt work, at all. The other got hot and would reboot and eat through the battery. The other the screen would turn green and reboot while on phone calls.

I miss my original device, but the micro usb stopped working and I couldnt charge it.

I have talked with so many people.....no luck.

I either want a nexus that WORKS....or an S3 that WORKS. But i guess changing out phones once-twice a week is ok with them. :D:D:D:D:D

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Combat, have you gone into the store or over the phone? If you're on #5 then they really should offer you the s3, bring it up with a supervisor.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Combat, have you gone into the store or over the phone? If you're on #5 then they really should offer you the s3, bring it up with a supervisor.

Always over the phone. Except when i have 4g/wifi problems. Then i have to go to the store and get a new sim.

I actually really love the nexus. Couple things here and there. but its a great phone. i just want one that actually works like its supposed to. I went 12 months with my first one. she was good to me.

I talked to the supervisor when they tried to make me get a razor. That was a no go. suddenly they had a nexus to send out. lol

If the one i get monday jacks up, then i will be speaking with a supervisor and ask for the s3.

Im actually scared to get an S3 dues to the glass cracking problems ive seen. unless thats no longer an issue. i just heard alot about it when it was released and held my gnex a tad bit closer.

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
I miss my original device, but the micro usb stopped working and I couldnt charge it.

You're going to hate hearing this, but the micro USB port is on a flex ribbon cable. It costs about $15 for a new one and takes all of 5 minutes to replace. Too bad you can't get your original phone back.