Lost all contacts!!

stinger161

Reaction score
While doing some cleanup on my Gnex I cleared cache for contacts and contact storage and all of my contacts went bye bye. Having trouble restoring them from my Verizon backup. On the website I can select all and sync to phone and it says sync in progress then done. But I still don't have any of my 470 contacts. Don't even ask me about Google backup, that has never worked for me. Nothing could ever sync into my gmail. What now? Manually type in all of my contacts?

captdroid

Reaction score
While doing some cleanup on my Gnex I cleared cache for contacts and contact storage and all of my contacts went bye bye. Having trouble restoring them from my Verizon backup. On the website I can select all and sync to phone and it says sync in progress then done. But I still don't have any of my 470 contacts. Don't even ask me about Google backup, that has never worked for me. Nothing could ever sync into my gmail. What now? Manually type in all of my contacts?

Maybe after you get them back or retype them back in then use Titanium Backup or something other then Verizon backup.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
So your saying that you don't have any contacts tied to your Google account?

pool_shark

Reaction score
I don't sync my contacts with Google or Verizon. I export them to my sdcard, and keep backups on my PC. When I need to restore them, I do an import.

OP
S

stinger161

Reaction score

So your saying that you don't have any contacts tied to your Google account?
No. I have tried many many times to sync them and nothing would ever sync. It would say they synced but when I went to my gmail and looked under contacts there would be 0. So I gave up in gmail. I have them online under Verizon backup but they won't sync from there to my phone.

OP
S

stinger161

Reaction score
Ok, got it! Was able to make a .csv file on the VZW backup site and exported to my pc. Imported that to my gmail account and synced and that worked! Thank God!

Maybe after you get them back or retype them back in then use Titanium Backup or something other then Verizon backup.

And yeah capt. I'm going to do that from now on! Never had a problem though with vzw backup assistant, and have no idea why I could never sync to gmail in the first place. Guess it will be titanium ftw! Then no matter what I'll still have them on my phone somewhere! Thanks guys!

captdroid

Reaction score
Ok, got it! Was able to make a .csv file on the VZW backup site and exported to my pc. Imported that to my gmail account and synced and that worked! Thank God!

And yeah capt. I'm going to do that from now on! Never had a problem though with vzw backup assistant, and have no idea why I could never sync to gmail in the first place. Guess it will be titanium ftw! Then no matter what I'll still have them on my phone somewhere! Thanks guys!

Yup and you might want to store a Titanium Backup off the phone on your PC or what I do is use Dropbox and send a copy of the backup there as well via Titanium Backup Dropbox sync.