Buying a phone at Best Buy vs Verizon Store

Reaction score
I've been looking around and can't find any definite answers, is there much of a difference buying at BB vs a Vzn store? I don't have a smartphone now so I would have to change my plan, is there any problem with doing that at BB?

I know there some differences like the price of the phone with rebates and stuff, but I'm wondering more with the contract.

SierraRR

Reaction score
BB can do pretty much everything VZW can. Except BB only has a 2 year contract I think. Can't do a 1 year.

OP
S
Reaction score
I don't mind getting a 2 yr......

so as I take it, going there is just like going into the vzn store?

Im assuming the billing would be the same no matter if I get the phone at BB?

Last edited:
OP
S
Reaction score
thanks for the feedback guys...glad I found this forum, a lot of useful information I have found

Kanibull

Reaction score
Best buy also has a thing going on where they buy back your phone at the end of the 2 year contract for half of the off contract price of the phone. For example if you buy a dx right now on a 2 ye contract, at the end of the 2 years the phone is worth $300 off contract they will pay you $150 for it.

frozty

Reaction score
I think best buy does do 1 years contacts mate. I was going to get a galaxy on a 1 year.

SyNiK4L

Reaction score
Sam's club is even cheaper if u have one close to u. I got my Droid x for 150 no rebates or anything

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Jasonjohns

Reaction score
With Buy back you can sell it to bb at anytime 1-6 months is a% 6-12 months is a % etc. So contract really isn't a big deal. I heard buy back will be free of you purchase a new phone from 6feb-24feb.

91zcpe

Reaction score
BB has a better insurance plan vs VZW imo. 10 dollars a month, no deductible, BB will replace a water damaged phone or one with a cracked screen. You get a new phone vs refurb. Plus, you can cancel anytime and get your money back in a BB gft card. So say 6 months in I cancel, I get 60 back.

gottcha

Reaction score
Don't laugh but check it walmart. I got my DX and 2 LGAlleys for 99 bucks!