How does newbie to Verizon get a better retail deal on TB?

atwnsw

Reaction score
I have never had cell phones with Verizon and am looking to jump on the band wagon for 2 TB and the 1400 Minute Family Plan along w/ unlimited Data. Since I want to make sure that I like the phone I want to buy it in-store since I have 10 days to try it out and make sure that I like it (currently have Tmobile w/ BB 8900).

I have seen some great deals posted for $125 on Wirefly and $149 on Amazon but am going to buy it from Verizon store.

Is there anyway that I can get them to lower the price or price match a competitor's website? I am new to Verizon so need ammunition if it exists.

My understanding is that I would be paying $249 + tax for each phone at Verizon vs no tax at a Wirefly/Amazon....

Any input/ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony

Beardface

Reaction score
I have never had cell phones with Verizon and am looking to jump on the band wagon for 2 TB and the 1400 Minute Family Plan along w/ unlimited Data. Since I want to make sure that I like the phone I want to buy it in-store since I have 10 days to try it out and make sure that I like it (currently have Tmobile w/ BB 8900).

I have seen some great deals posted for $125 on Wirefly and $149 on Amazon but am going to buy it from Verizon store.

Is there anyway that I can get them to lower the price or price match a competitor's website? I am new to Verizon so need ammunition if it exists.

My understanding is that I would be paying $249 + tax for each phone at Verizon vs no tax at a Wirefly/Amazon....

Any input/ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony
One other thing to consider...

Are you working for a company that could possibly have a corporate discount you could take advantage of? I ask, because when I got mine 2 weeks, I could have gotten it for a better retail price at Best Buy or Amazon, but with my corporate discount, I actually made off best just going to the local Verizon store and getting my 25% off in there. And no, you won't be able to take advantage of the discount unless you physically go to a Verizon store.

OP
A

atwnsw

Reaction score
Unfortunately neither myself nor my spouse don't have access to a corporate discount.

Any other ideas?

cpjr

Reaction score
Your not going to get any type of deal from Verizon, other then whatever their advertised price for the TB is with a contract.

OP
A

atwnsw

Reaction score
My wife still has her .edu email address where you used to work part-time. When I typed it into verizon's website, it offered her an 18% discount. Please note: she no longer works there but has access to her email address.

My question is:

If I buy the phone/plan from amazon/wirefly, can I still get the 18% discount on the plan?

chicana.angelgirl

Reaction score
Verizon requires a paystub no older than 60 days, or work id with full name of employee and company. It goes through a speciality team that verifies employment with that company. So in other words, its goin to be hard to get it to stick to the account. Good luck.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Reaction score
Best Buy Mobile shops seem to be the way to go now. They've told me they price match in store (even online prices) and have a 30-day return policy instead of VZW's 14-day. I know my next purchase will be from there.

OP
A

atwnsw

Reaction score
I finally pulled the trigger. Thank you.

I called Verizon wireless and mentioned that they had a $100 promotion flyer and asked for the discount. Was told by salesperson that any discount would have to be approved by mgr. Spoke to mgr who started to slam amazon.com and wirefly.com I said that I only cared to know what verizon would do to match. He said that there was nothing they could do.

I said thank you and was prepared to hang up. He then offered a $50 discount per phone to $199 + No Activation Fee for each phone.

Sold.