Early Upgrade to the TB? Cheapest route?

cnmsales

Reaction score
Wanting to upgrade to the TB but dont really want to fork over the 250+tax+20 i will have to w verizon. Do I have any other options to upgrade? Can I get the phone through Amazon website? Can I get it through wirefly? Can I get it through letstalk? Trying to weigh all my options here on what route will be best for me, or am I stuck going through verizon?

If it is the latter, how long do you think it will be before they come down any on price, and will they do exchanges IN STORE for old equipment?

bamfsig45

Reaction score
not sure if it was my employer discount or what but I Paid 199.99 for mine. 253.00 out the door, with the 20.00 fee for early upgrade and a silicon case.

hogowner

Reaction score
I have been going to a vz retailer for the past 8 years. He never charges me the $20 for early upgrade and he gives me off the price because I pay cash. $200 out the door with a silicone case, car charger and screen protector.

Sent from my THUNDERBOLT

abstractglam

Reaction score
I also paid $199.99 for mine, a pleasant surprise... thinking it might have to do with an employer discount though as mentioned above. I also had to pay the $20 early upgrade fee.

brad r

Reaction score
All I got was a $10 employer discount and a $10 rebate from mrrebates.com (link).

You can't do wirefly or amazon wireless if you're only eligible for an early upgrade. It has to be the last 2 months of your contract, is what the lady from amazon said when I called there.

nhat

Reaction score
Got my thunderbolt for $150 thanks to a $100 credit I had available. My sister got hers with an eligibe upgrade through amazon for $180.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

plane_pilot

Reaction score
I was told the $20 early upgrade was no longer available? I will have to check another store!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
I was told the $20 early upgrade was no longer available? I will have to check another store!

If you are eligible for an early upgrade then you can use it but this is the end of the program so it'll be your last. They are ending the early upgrade and NE2 programs but you are able to use what you've earned.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I paid 206 out the door with Wirefly. I don't live in their state and didn't have to pay the tax.

46hemi

Reaction score
from phandroid

"Just a heads up: Some existing Verizon customers have been receiving an email offering the new HTC Thunderbolt for a low $149.99 after a two-year contract and $100 instant rebate. If you are in the market for a Thunderbolt and near the end of your current Verizon contract, chances are you fall within the range eligible for the discount. You can’t find it online, but a sales number (800-437-6132) should get you what you are looking for."

plane_pilot

Reaction score
My wife took my upgrade last April, so I'm wondering if that is why they said it. Maybe I need to ask again but let them know that my 1 year mark is a couple of weeks away?