Buying a phone at Best Buy?

hdeez

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with BB and I will be heading in at 10am to get the bolt. One question to you all though.....When I preordered I was told that activation was free since I was upgrading but the guy on the phone was not too sure about that. Any info or similar cases??

If the stupid battery dies fast as hell Im going to be pissed, haha

shortsxit

Reaction score

shortsxit

Reaction score
What about a connection fee or activation fee any one know if they are charging more. I went on their form and it does include the 32 gig card and is 249 with pre order but what other fees can they come up with
I just spoke to a sales rep at the BB store in Arlington, VA and he said that the phone would come with the 32GB SD card and there would be no activation or any other fees.

I'm month to month and I anticipate replacing the TB within 6 - 12 months because IMHO, much better phones will be available. (iPhone5 with 4.3" Retina display, LTE 4G, Talk & Surf, etc.):).
Options:
1. Verizon 2 year contract = $249.99
2. Verizon 1 year contract = ?
3. BB = Pre-order, 2 year = $249.99 with Buy Back ($59.99).
4. Buying at MSRP ($750) - and selling when I'm ready for another phone has been suggested but I don't believe it's best for me.)

At this point BB appears to be best future proofing option, but I must clarify whether the buy back price is the MSRP of the TB at the time of purchase or the normal BB non-sale price and whether there will, be a restocking fee.

BB defines "purchase price" in their Buy Back contract as: "Purchase price for mobile phones refers to the Best Buy regular retail price prior to any specific carrier-based rebates, offers, discounts, or promotions." Is that $299.99 or $750?
The Sales rep at BB told me that the Buy Back price would be the MSRP of the new phone minus 40 or 50% (in my case) of the TB MSRP when I purchased it. Either way, without a 1 year contract option at Verizon, Best Buy Buy Back seems to be the best option. Any advice/opinions:confused:

Why did you say you aren't going to get the 1 year at Verizon?

funkyb

Reaction score
I've used them also, and they were good, but as far as I understand they no longer cover lost (only 'theft' w/ pd report), and there's a $50-75 deductbile depending on the plan. They also do not cover liquid immersion. There are other companies out there that have $0 deductbilt (but same exclusions), as well as ones who cover without those exclusions (but same deductible), and in both cases are cheaper (I've seen $4.50 per month).
Could you steer me in the right direction (an insurer with which you have personal knowledge/experience?

As I mentioned earlier, try squaretrade

squaretrade isn't too shabby, but they don't cover lost or immersion AFAIR. I'll try to find the one I like, but need to google after work.

mark3748

Reaction score
Neither one of them are very good, There are better providers that cover more types of losses for less per month if you purchase the insurance separately.
What about Assurion? That may be the VZ insurer but I have used it on two occasions (5 years apart) with no problems

I've used them also, and they were good, but as far as I understand they no longer cover lost (only 'theft' w/ pd report), and there's a $50-75 deductbile depending on the plan. They also do not cover liquid immersion. There are other companies out there that have $0 deductbilt (but same exclusions), as well as ones who cover without those exclusions (but same deductible), and in both cases are cheaper (I've seen $4.50 per month).

Asurion is the VZW insurance provider, they DO cover literally everything. Loss, theft, water damage, everything.

I've had phones dropped in lakes (in 50-100ft of water and unrecoverable), broken screens, stolen, and just plain lost, all covered. There are some limitations and the deductible is $50 for feature phones and $75 for smart phones, and you can only get 2 replacements per year (if you have to replace your phone even that much, you may be doing something wrong) but the coverage is good.

Had it for the past 14 years and never had an issue. On another note, the Verizon PC and TV Protection Plan's are really good too, also done thru Asurion.

EdForsythe

Reaction score
Could you steer me in the right direction (an insurer with which you have personal knowledge/experience?

As I mentioned earlier, try squaretrade
Thanks Paladin,
:icon_ banana: