Buying from Amazon or other 3rd Party

termn8er

Reaction score
I was thinking of buying the Thunderbolt from Amazon today for $174, vs. the Verizon store for $219 after rebates. However I understand that if something goes wrong with the phone, I can bring it into the Verizon store since I did not buy it there.

Can anyone comment on their experience buying from Amazon or other company especially if you had an issue with your phone?

Thanks

GDP

Reaction score
You will have a 1 year warranty on the device no matter where you buy it from. If you are having problems you can just take it into a Verizon store and they will help you out no problem

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

aznhybriddragon

Reaction score
I bought my phone the week of when the thunderbolt got released. I got it for 180, but I renewed my plan. Ive had no problems, after i received the phone I had to go to verizon store to get it activated, but other than that no problems.

sidsixseven

Reaction score
If you want to return the phone at some future point (defect or whatever) don't buy it from the Verizon Store. Amazon and Best Buy both have far better return policies.

AllenEllis

Reaction score
I just got my Thunderbolt from Amazon and I'm wondering if anyone knows whether we'll be grandfathered into the unlimited 4G like everyone else? I know that the details of the contract are slightly different so I'm a little unsure about it. Maybe I'll ask amazon customer service.

Swiftly keyed from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums

aznhybriddragon

Reaction score
As far as I know, since thunderbolt is the first LTE verizon phone, we are automatically grandfathered in, also since they dont have a plan for 4g yet, im guessing its automatic grandfathered in.