Buyer beware!!! Yahoo mail will not work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripp racioppi

Reaction score
My Yahoo accounts have been working well since I set them up...I don't think I tried them with WiFi yet, though. I'll keep ya'll updated as time goes on....r3:blink:

cvondra

Reaction score
I never reply but if you even compare this phone to the Storm you need to seek mental health. I had the Storm from launch till the launch of the Droid. There isn't even a comparison between to two. IMHO Blackberry has fallen well behind the curve on touchscreen devices. Even the latest SW released for it was archaic in comparison.

baruch

Reaction score
Also tripp racioppi there have been wide spread reports of even after trying this method Yahoo worked for a while then quit...or did not work right. Others have had great success with it....
i agree! i did have access to yahoo mail using IMAP, etc; but decided didn't want on the droid. now, when i want to check yahoo emails, i go to www.yahoo.com which pops up as "m.yahoo.com" (which i assume is mobile yahoo??) click on 'mail', fill in username/pw & sign on. HOWEVER, & this is weird, when reply, no cursor!!?? so, type several sentences, & want to change something in the 1st sentence, have to delete back to where i want to change because when touch screen no cursor, so not able to pinpoint where i want to correct - has anyone else experienced this???

texasPI

Reaction score
I have an old, free yahoo account that works fine. My understanding is that some of the old accounts had free pop/imap access and are grandfathered?

cap10mark

Reaction score
I dumped Yahoo mail years ago when I got in on the Gmail beta. I dumped Yahoo period when they changed their front page. I hate the fact of those pop up boxes when you are in the left column. My home page is googlenews.

Daywalker

Reaction score
This is extremely frustrating that Yahoo mail will not
work
on your Motorola Droid amogst all other Non-working
things.

After few days of use, I started thinking BB Storm was much better.

I am making a frustration list and will post it soon.

Yahoo ???? Droid does mine has been working for a month

DroidFan

Reaction score
I've been using Ymail since Day 1 on my Droid using the settings someone posted up above and haven't had any problems with it (knock wood)... It CAN be done... I'm using the basic Ymail account & on 3G (versus WiFi)....

tatas

Reaction score
If your phone has been updated to android 2.01 yahoo mail will not work any more

texasPI

Reaction score
I dumped Yahoo mail years ago when I got in on the Gmail beta. I dumped Yahoo period when they changed their front page. I hate the fact of those pop up boxes when you are in the left column. My home page is googlenews.

Those popup boxes are annoying as hell...I made my home page igoogle.

DroidFan

Reaction score
If your phone has been updated to android 2.01 yahoo mail will not work any more

My experience has been much different as I upgraded to 2.0.1 last week and I've been getting my Ymails all day...Dunno what the difference is, but it's true.

txskeets

Reaction score
So for those of you running Yahoo mail on the droid (I am running Yahoo Mail Plus). Have actually checked your Trash folder on your droid on your yahoo mail account? I found out today that even thought I am on Yahoo Mail Plus, when I delete a message from my Yahoo mail on the droid, it just goes into the trash folder for yahoo mail plus and never empties! Anyone else seeing this?

ToddP0530

Reaction score
I have 2.0.1 and yahoo PULL mail works fine. The only push option is gmail, and gmail is a better mail option than yahoo. I use both, check that, I maintain a yahoo account and use the gmail account.

keepaddingink

Reaction score
So for those of you running Yahoo mail on the droid (I am running Yahoo Mail Plus). Have actually checked your Trash folder on your droid on your yahoo mail account? I found out today that even thought I am on Yahoo Mail Plus, when I delete a message from my Yahoo mail on the droid, it just goes into the trash folder for yahoo mail plus and never empties! Anyone else seeing this?
I have the free Ymail and it does also does this, it really doesn't bother me. I had a possible keylogger on my home computer and a lot of my website logins are linked to Ymail. I've been changing passwords at work but can't access Ymail from work, so the droid's been great for verifying updates (until it stopped working sometime last night).

Status
Not open for further replies.