Yahoo Mail app ---Where are you?!

Indiana Joe

Reaction score
Yesterday I upgraded from a Droid 2 Global to a Bionic and, so far, I am really liking it. Just one thing, though -- I would like to access my Yahoo Mail in addition to my gmail. The problem is that the Yahoo Mail app does not appear in my list of apps.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Oddly, the Play Store acknowledges that I have the app downloaded yet, when I go to my Bionic I am unable to see it in my app list. So, I tried to work around this by using the generic email app and simply add Yahoo Mail that way. That won't even recognize my Yahoo login and password!

I can go through the Play Store list of apps and open Yahoo Mail and use it that way but....you get the picture. I just want to see the Yahoo Mail app in my app list so I have one-click access.

Does anyone have any insight as to what is happening and how to resolve?

OP
I

Indiana Joe

Reaction score
That's what I mean..I installed it and the Play Store recognizes that I have done so.

The problem is that my phone will not recognize the app. Sorry for the miscommunication!

OP
I

Indiana Joe

Reaction score
Again, I appreciate the help! Now I just need to find my texts -- but that's in my other thread.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can you not find it in the app drawer?

The OP did eventually. I made the same mistake when I first installed it. I just presumed that Yahoo Mail would be listed in the App Drawer as, well, "Yahoo Mail," not just "Mail."

Silly of me.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
I just installed it yesterday as well. I have been using Moto's generic email app. This one is much better. I especially like the purple notification LED!!!!!!