Buyer beware!!! Yahoo mail will not work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

isitkiller

Reaction score
This is extremely frustrating that Yahoo mail will not
work
on your Motorola Droid amogst all other Non-working
things.

After few days of use, I started thinking BB Storm was much better.

I am making a frustration list and will post it soon.

Mojo

Reaction score
Be frustrated with Yahoo not the Droid.... they are the ones that are causing Yahoo not to work properly, because they want you to purchase Yahoo Plus. Yahoo has agreements with RIM so there email works with a BlackBerry.

myriad46

Reaction score
This is like being frustrated that Internet explorer won't work right on a Mac. Why would either company want to help your cause? It's a google phone... Get gmail.

OP
I

isitkiller

Reaction score
I guess I have to agree with this one! Cool, but I'm guessing kudos to BB who has that agreement but not DROID.

J

Johnly

Be frustrated with Yahoo not the Droid.... they are the ones that are causing Yahoo not to work properly, because they want you to purchase Yahoo Plus. Yahoo has agreements with RIM so there email works with a BlackBerry.
Exaclty...It is Yahoo being greedy, nothing to do with the phone. If you want free yahoo on you phone....tell YAHOO!

tripp racioppi

Reaction score
Hold up guys!! I got my Droid in NOV and felt your pain; then I found the DroidForum :icon_ banana:....what a God-send!! I learned a great deal on the care and feeding of the Droid... a lot of which is not in the manual or available on-line. One of the finds was how to set up the Droid to receive Yahoo Mail without buying into the Plus...

txskeets posted this information:

"Go to manual setup > IMAP account and change to these settings....

Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com

SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com"

I followed the info and have been getting all of my e-mail from the two Yahoo mail accounts I have. What's really great is that when I open the e-mail window it will update...so that any mail you already read and deleted gets deleted in front of your eyes!

Try it, you'll like it!! :D

r3

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only flaw with that is that when you're on Wifi, Yahoo won't work.

OP
I

isitkiller

Reaction score
Either Yahoo is being stupid or Google pissed Yahoo big time;)

Mojo

Reaction score
Also tripp racioppi there have been wide spread reports of even after trying this method Yahoo worked for a while then quit...or did not work right. Others have had great success with it....

OP
I

isitkiller

Reaction score
It worked once. After which I turned on Wifi and never worked since.
I tried to remove/readd the account, no luck.

thenoash

Reaction score
This is extremely frustrating that Yahoo mail will not
work
on your Motorola Droid amogst all other Non-working
things.

After few days of use, I started thinking BB Storm was much better.

I am making a frustration list and will post it soon.

I dunno, I got my Yahoo Mail to work just fine. Although I do use the Canadian (yahoo.ca) format, maybe it's just a Yahoo.com problem?

ss13

Reaction score
I am able to use Yahoo also, just not on WiFi, with the IMAP settings in post #6. I am wondering it is because most routers/firewalls/etc block IMAP (Port 143). I have been planning on testing this, but just have not had a chance.

raven1911

Reaction score
Hold up guys!! I got my Droid in NOV and felt your pain; then I found the DroidForum :icon_ banana:....what a God-send!! I learned a great deal on the care and feeding of the Droid... a lot of which is not in the manual or available on-line. One of the finds was how to set up the Droid to receive Yahoo Mail without buying into the Plus...

txskeets posted this information:

"Go to manual setup > IMAP account and change to these settings....

Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com

SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com"

I followed the info and have been getting all of my e-mail from the two Yahoo mail accounts I have. What's really great is that when I open the e-mail window it will update...so that any mail you already read and deleted gets deleted in front of your eyes!

Try it, you'll like it!! :D

r3

I agree. I have two yahoo mail accts and they both sync and work fine. In fact, they sometimes work better than my gmail acct.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Either Yahoo is being stupid or Google pissed Yahoo big time;)

More like Yahoo and Google are rivals in the search game so who wants to help a competitor?

I am able to use Yahoo also, just not on WiFi, with the IMAP settings in post #6. I am wondering it is because most routers/firewalls/etc block IMAP (Port 143). I have been planning on testing this, but just have not had a chance.

I've heard that the same port is used by Wifi so it blocks anything else there when it's in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.