Bug Thread for 2.5.0 - OP UPDATED

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
blackbear.. do you have a nandroid backup that has all your apps?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just flashed my ol' trusty Chevy 1.1 uLow, that did the trick, thanks for the heads up, X. :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

anytime man.. glad you got it working.

chrisg

Reaction score
Anyone else have issues with apps not installing or updating?

mikespe

Reaction score
I am not sure if this was mentioned or not but I has problems with the camera. I would open the camera and as I was about to take a picture the app would close. I re-opened the camera and it did it again. I tried re-booting and a battery pull...

blackbear

Reaction score
@xkape
No, i have all my nandriod backups and when i flash back to the "rooted" phone back up, all the apps are there everything works fine. Soooo,i reflashed the 2.5.0. reinstalled the kernel and everything is....ok. rom is still boss but its not restoring apps. I heard that 2.3.0 is more stable and will be trying that to compare what my phone is doing or if it is the rom. atleast this time when i did flash, it let me install apps from the sd! cant live with out cps2hd..lol..mavel vs street fighter!

motoconvert

Reaction score
I got a problem with my wallpapers. I use Flikie HD to download and automatically change my wallpapers. However whenever it changes to a new wallpaper, one of the built-in UD wallpapers takes over my lockscreen. Even when I change the wallpaper in Flikie, the UD wallpaper persists on the lockscreen. If I change to one of the other UD wallpapers, the lockscreen changes to the UD wallpaper I chose. So basically I can only have a UD wallpaper as my lockscreen. This is very annoying, I am about to go back to 2.4.

The way I've found to fix it is to restart adw (configure, restart launcher) after I change a wallpaper...I know its annoying but its worked for me...another thing you might wanna try is to use root explorer or the like and find the UD walls and delete them...I haven't tried this yet, so I don't know if it will work for sure...but just a thought...

blackbear

Reaction score
oh droid, why do you hurt so good?!?
So i went out to find the 2.3.0 and when i installed it, it was the 2.5.0. same issues with some of the apps. granted i did get more to install this time, i still have alot of trouble. I have an issue with the market now too. it was not showing the paid apps AT ALL. no tab, nothing.so i searched for the app i was looking for -mens health- nothing. not even an app that comes up! ok. so before i spend another night on the couch, anybody have any suggestions? lol. also having troouble loading apps from sd card. THANKS!!!

cbroussard99

Reaction score
Another Odd Issue

I found that when I change the fonts through UD when you lock the phone, the AM/PM is bolded and different than the normal numbers. Something I can live with.

The other good thing I found was switching from Slayer to Chevy has improved my battery life and the overall response to the touch screen. I haven't had any more FC's since switching. This could be something that might help others so I wanted to do my part and share the wealth.:blackdroid:

cbroussard99

Reaction score
oh droid, why do you hurt so good?!?
So i went out to find the 2.3.0 and when i installed it, it was the 2.5.0. same issues with some of the apps. granted i did get more to install this time, i still have alot of trouble. I have an issue with the market now too. it was not showing the paid apps AT ALL. no tab, nothing.so i searched for the app i was looking for -mens health- nothing. not even an app that comes up! ok. so before i spend another night on the couch, anybody have any suggestions? lol. also having troouble loading apps from sd card. THANKS!!!

I had this issue in previous UD roms. I use titanium pro and App monster, and both worked for me just fine. You might want to try it out. I caution you not all my apps were returned 100% until I used the app pro monster. It gave a list of apps not installed and I had to install them one by one. I had about 116 apps and 15 needed to be reinstalled through app monster pro. Good Luck.....

blackbear

Reaction score
so let me see if i get this right. go back to my rooted nadroid and back up all my apps with app monster or titanium and then reflash 2.5.0? what if i run into the same problem with the apps not wanting to load from the sd? i ll admit, still crazy new to this but ive been using astro to load apps from sd and it hit or miss with the installs.

Thanks!

also,anyone had trouble with the market?? paid apps?

sherpajosh

Reaction score
I got a problem with my wallpapers. I use Flikie HD to download and automatically change my wallpapers. However whenever it changes to a new wallpaper, one of the built-in UD wallpapers takes over my lockscreen. Even when I change the wallpaper in Flikie, the UD wallpaper persists on the lockscreen. If I change to one of the other UD wallpapers, the lockscreen changes to the UD wallpaper I chose. So basically I can only have a UD wallpaper as my lockscreen. This is very annoying, I am about to go back to 2.4.

The way I've found to fix it is to restart adw (configure, restart launcher) after I change a wallpaper...I know its annoying but its worked for me...another thing you might wanna try is to use root explorer or the like and find the UD walls and delete them...I haven't tried this yet, so I don't know if it will work for sure...but just a thought...

Any idea where the UD wallpapers are?