Bug Thread for 2.4.0

tinashe.gilbert

Reaction score
Even when your in the middle of something? My browsers freeze up if I let them idle. I have to switch browsers. Good thing for bookmarks. In fact, xscope froze while replying to this. Now I had to switch to dolphin mini to type this

Yup, even in the middle of using the browsers. If i go to facebook and i flip through 4 or 5 pictures, it can just shut down anytime. Or if i am doing something and then flip the phone to landscape mode, that can shut the browsers and i have tried all of them....

This is strange. I just had a random reboot while using a browser. My fancy widget used to refresh in a millisecond, now it takes five seconds. Overall networking I is much slower. Gonna flush and fill I think.

Can anyone help please. UD crushed this browser TWICE as I was writing this message....

altimax98

Reaction score
Yup, even in the middle of using the browsers. If i go to facebook and i flip through 4 or 5 pictures, it can just shut down anytime. Or if i am doing something and then flip the phone to landscape mode, that can shut the browsers and i have tried all of them....

This is strange. I just had a random reboot while using a browser. My fancy widget used to refresh in a millisecond, now it takes five seconds. Overall networking I is much slower. Gonna flush and fill I think.

Can anyone help please. UD crushed this browser TWICE as I was writing this message....

Have you tried removing all browsers and seeing if that fixes anything?

I had a similar problem on my phone a while back and now I dont have any other browsers on my phone other then the stock one and i dont have any crashing issues...i hope this helps

kinfolk248

Reaction score
anybody know whats the deal with LP and the 3d app drawer, the regular app drawer works fine it just looks dull as hell...anyone know how to fix...

v941726

Reaction score

Have you tried removing all browsers and seeing if that fixes anything?

I had a similar problem on my phone a while back and now I dont have any other browsers on my phone other then the stock one and i dont have any crashing issues...i hope this helps

It may be the kernel. If you have the dinc, look at the camera problems thread. There is a great kernel link there. It seems to have helped

Cdjones187

Reaction score
anybody know whats the deal with LP and the 3d app drawer, the regular app drawer works fine it just looks dull as hell...anyone know how to fix...

flashed over 2.3 with 2.4 and it fixed the app drawer for me (which was the only problem i really had)

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Camera is EXTREMELY slow, after taking a picture it sometimes just stops working. When it finally unfreezes the picture takes forever to load in the thumbnail and when trying to view it nothing shows up for about a minute.

And it still has auto focus problems, flash keeps "flashing". If auto focus actually works then manual focus (camera soft press) does nothing.

The thumbnail issue/viewing the picture after taking it is a gallery problem. Gallery doesnt load for me at all.

Gonna have to revert back to 2.3, WAY to many issues....

Last edited:

kinfolk248

Reaction score

flashed over 2.3 with 2.4 and it fixed the app drawer for me (which was the only problem i really had)

so u can use the 3d app drawer? when i try to use it it will glitch up and reset to the top...

v941726

Reaction score
I have noticed with 2.4 that sometimes when someone sends me a text message, I will receive it like 2 or 3 times. People have told me that I have sent duplicates/triplicates to them too even though I have only sent the text once. Anyone else seen this?

Try unchecking everything in the stock messaging app

newpower1999

Reaction score
i wish the "show all ads" script would work...i can't view videos on vevo.com because ads are blocked

robbienick

Reaction score
fortunately google ime is not having this issue. good luck!

Last edited:

projectrang

Reaction score

so u can use the 3d app drawer? when i try to use it it will glitch up and reset to the top...
Mine does the same thing. I hafta move through the app drawer really slow and carefully to prevent that from happening

projectrang

Reaction score
Not sure if this is a LauncherPro bug or an issue with this ROM. Even though I have the LP settings checked to show the popup on the dock for unread Gmail messages I get no indicator when I receive a message (I still get the "M" in the notification bar, but nothing on the dock).
I got the same problem. Mine won't show a number at all over my gmail icon

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
To install apps from the market like search and voice search, you will need to delete them from /system/app then reboot....

After the reboot, they will install. I have done maps, voice search, search, street, and car home....

cj1896

Reaction score
I don't know what the deal is with this but it is really laggy for me. I thought it was a bad install so I rewiped and reflashed. My linpack and quadrants are HALF of what I had with the same performance settings on 2.3.0. I am rolling back and waiting for another release.