Bug Thread for 2.4.0

v941726

Reaction score
There is no panoramic capability on the dinc in the camera.

PARick

Reaction score
In Touchdown, if I hit the menu key, in an email, I do not get any options (reply etc.) I have to use the screen icons.

lilcdroid

Reaction score

niand

Reaction score
I'm having the same gmail issue on 2.4 as I had with 2.3. I get emails fine, but after reading them it still shows the unread email count as the same and not back to (0).
Anyone know about this?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
This has happened to me many times with various roms. When this happens go to manage apps and open gmail, then choose the "clear data" option. This will clear up the gmail count issue.

v941726

Reaction score
When loading the OS, i.e. after a reboot, it seems to scan everything twice. Hence an extra long boot time. Like preparing the sd card. It prepares it twice. Anything in the status bar gets scanned twice. Anybody else?

Nuance

Reaction score
Wow, these are a lot of bugs...I'll pass on 2.4. At this rate 2.5 will be out by next week anyway. :)

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When loading the OS, i.e. after a reboot, it seems to scan everything twice. Hence an extra long boot time. Like preparing the sd card. It prepares it twice. Anything in the status bar gets scanned twice. Anybody else?
What do you mean scans everything?

pierced_droid

Reaction score
Im still having a small issue with the Bluetooth and my Jawbone. Says connected in settings but doesnt pic up on a call when I hang up it beepes in my ear. So I know its connected. only thing that works is turn earpiece off and then back on

v941726

Reaction score
What do you mean scans everything?

When you reboot. And you have things showing in the status bar. Like the sd card for example. It prepares the card. It prepares it twice. I have two other apps that it scans twice too

v941726

Reaction score
Wow, these are a lot of bugs...I'll pass on 2.4. At this rate 2.5 will be out by next week anyway. :)

2.3 had problems too. They were just scattered all over the forum. Now we have a bug thread. So it looks worse. But in the end, BD hopefully will have one thread to look through for fixes.

tinashe.gilbert

Reaction score
Browser shut down

Browsers (skyfire, xscope and android broswer) just close down if they have been running for more than 2 or 3 minutes. I tried a different rom (ss 4.9) and didnt get the same thing.

v941726

Reaction score
Browsers (skyfire, xscope and android broswer) just close down if they have been running for more than 2 or 3 minutes. I tried a different rom (ss 4.9) and didnt get the same thing.

Even when your in the middle of something? My browsers freeze up if I let them idle. I have to switch browsers. Good thing for bookmarks. In fact, xscope froze while replying to this. Now I had to switch to dolphin mini to type this

tinashe.gilbert

Reaction score

Even when your in the middle of something? My browsers freeze up if I let them idle. I have to switch browsers. Good thing for bookmarks. In fact, xscope froze while replying to this. Now I had to switch to dolphin mini to type this

Yup, even in the middle of using the browsers. If i go to facebook and i flip through 4 or 5 pictures, it can just shut down anytime. Or if i am doing something and then flip the phone to landscape mode, that can shut the browsers and i have tried all of them....

v941726

Reaction score

Yup, even in the middle of using the browsers. If i go to facebook and i flip through 4 or 5 pictures, it can just shut down anytime. Or if i am doing something and then flip the phone to landscape mode, that can shut the browsers and i have tried all of them....

This is strange. I just had a random reboot while using a browser. My fancy widget used to refresh in a millisecond, now it takes five seconds. Overall networking I is much slower. Gonna flush and fill I think.

Rodeojones

Reaction score
Not sure if this is a LauncherPro bug or an issue with this ROM. Even though I have the LP settings checked to show the popup on the dock for unread Gmail messages I get no indicator when I receive a message (I still get the "M" in the notification bar, but nothing on the dock).