pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
looks better.....

And I am a niners fan.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Blue looking at your device I wonder If I could get some gold paint that matches the camera button. I would paint the sanded part Gold. I will be looking into that.

OP
B

blue

Reaction score
I was thinking of painting it silver, same with the speaker grill. Not sure how I'm going to pull that off though.

Mojo1094

Reaction score
Lol you really need to go over that with some finer sand paper. Go over it again with the 120 if you want then hit an auto shop and get some 600+ and smooth it out, then add a little bit of rubbing compound to polish it a bit.

wood shops will also carry the higher grit sand papers. I've gotten up to 3000 there.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just wish I could get rid of the gold accents and I'd be happy. I could probably paint the button but it would wear off. I couldn't paint the speaker grille because it would clog the holes. Oh well.

OP
B

blue

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I tried to paint the button black, waiting for it to dry some before i see if it came out ok.

bdholsin

Reaction score
[/quote]wood shops will also carry the higher grit sand papers. I've gotten up to 3000 there.[/QUOTE]

Heh, at that point you may as well use printer paper. :)

jshafer817

Reaction score
Cool

I did this to my phone as well. I am currently still using the 1000 grit and its looking pretty smooth and nice... Gotta get some higher grit next. When I am done I will post a pic. Someone at Best Buy thought it was awesome... and thats when it still looked like crap (to me)... Dont use a dremel tool unless you know what your doing... Put in some scratches on the bezel that took awhile to sand out... ie dont use the sanding rock.

Last edited: