Pictures look blurry

nitsuj

Reaction score
Why do pictures viewed on the Droid look so bad? I know the screen is capable of showing amazing detail. But anytime I try to view a picture, either from Photobucket, or a picture that I took, it looks awful if I open it to full screen. I can't figure out how to post a screen shot, or I'd show you what I mean.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why do pictures viewed on the Droid look so bad? I know the screen is capable of showing amazing detail. But anytime I try to view a picture, either from Photobucket, or a picture that I took, it looks awful if I open it to full screen. I can't figure out how to post a screen shot, or I'd show you what I mean.

That's OK, there have only been about 15 threads on this subject and unfortunately from me you'll get the same answer that I put on all the other threads. Basically I don't see the problem, but from the responses I will say I appear to be in the minority.:)

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Try wiping off your camera lens occasionally. Due to the location it seems to get finger smudges just like the screen. If I remember to do that my pics are crystal clear.... still not as good as my Nikon D3000, BUT I don't expect it to be. It is afterall just a phone camera.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try wiping off your camera lens occasionally. Due to the location it seems to get finger smudges just like the screen. If I remember to do that my pics are crystal clear.... still not as good as my Nikon D3000, BUT I don't expect it to be. It is afterall just a phone camera.

Let me follow up on this by recommending Weiss Lens cleaning tissues. They are made for eye glasses but great for cleaning your Droid. You can get the at WalMart for like 3.00 for fifty of them.

OP
nitsuj

nitsuj

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. I'm not complaining about pictures I took with the built in camera. What I mean is, if I go to my photobucket or Flickr account and download images I took with my real camera, they look terrible on the phone. I can view them on my laptop and they're clear as a bell. When I view them on the Droid, they're blurry and show no detail.

Edit: Strangely enough, the ones I take with the onboard camera look fine.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can only say that is the way that whatever browser you are using renders them. Are you viewing them in full 1:1 scale or is it scaled down some for viewing? If it's scaled down then that is why it's blurry looking.

OP
nitsuj

nitsuj

Reaction score
That makes sense. But if I download the image and view it in Gallery, shouldn't it be viewing it in 1:1 by default? I could see my browser resizing it, but wouldn't Gallery view it correctly?

OP
nitsuj

nitsuj

Reaction score
Thanks to all who offered suggestions. It would appear that my problem was with Photobucket. When saving pics from my Flickr account, the pictures look nice and clear on the phone. For some reason Photobucket is changing the size of the pictures. Another oddity is that I can sign on to my Flickr account in the Dolphin browser, but the stock Driod browser won't let me log on to Flickr. It doesn't deny access or anything, but when I enter my name and password, it loads like it's logging me in, then just takes me back to the homepage where I'm still not logged in. But that's a different thread. ;-)

808droid

Reaction score
I notice blurry pics on Facebook too when I enlarge them, I think it depends mainly on the type of Megapixel camera they use. When I view my pics taken from a 12.2 mp camera, the details are solid and sharp even after maximizing the enlarge scale. When I view pics uploaded on FB from my DROID, the details are not that sharp as the 12.2 mp pictures when I enlarge them.

OP
nitsuj

nitsuj

Reaction score
It's better on Flickr but still not perfect. If I look at a picture I took with a 10mp camera, when I zoom in, it's blurry. I can enlarge the picture and print it with crisp detail to 8x11 but looking at it on the little Droid screen blurs it badly. How do I post screen shots?