Broken phone

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by lethalpimp, Nov 29, 2010.

1. lethalpimp

lethalpimp New Member

So my phone, found its way flying through the air at a wall for SOME REASON. Now it turns on and nothing shows up on screen. Bottom left of phone is a bit dented and has scuff marks on bottom right.

So you think If I take it into Verizon they will take a look at it and replace it, I was thinking highly unlikely..but figured I could try?

I do have insurance, but that $90 is still pretty darn expensive.

Your advice?
  2. ballmore

ballmore Member

If your phone wasn't rooted and you have insurance then go to verizon and get it replaced. If it is rooted then they might find a way to get it runing and find out that it's rooted and void your warranty.....and ask you to pay full price for the replacement phone.
  3. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Rescue Squad Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

You're taking a pretty big risk by taking it to VZW. As someone else mentioned, if they replace the LCD and find out you've rooted, they'll charge you for the replacement, which is much more than $90. You have insurance for a reason. The person that threw your phone should be paying for it.
  4. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Ask them what full retail would be and you'll see what expensive really means. :D
  5. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

The way you wrote this leads me to believe that it was intentionally thrown by either you or someone else - to then try to get it replaced under warranty is Considered Fraud and is Highly Frowned upon here at D/F and all of our Sister Forums

- My advice, pay the $90.00 and take better care of your stuff
  6. lethalpimp

lethalpimp New Member

Well i took it back to VZ and they just replaced it on the spot. If they get the screen working, I have a feeling it won't be a big deal or they would erase the phone "memory", Back when I worked in GEEK SQUAD I remember there were very strict regulations on sending computers to our warehouse and making sure all user data was removed AT the store. So we'll see. And no, I am not committing insurance fraud...why would I break my phone on purpose, just to get the same phone? Maybe there are some reasons, but if there are, I am definitely not in that section.
Search tags for this page

cell phone broke no insurance

found a damged verizon android phone