For those of you that question the Droids durability...

Moondonkey

Reaction score
Man, that's a crazy story! Droids are tough.... you got lucky you didn't damage the semi...

I got a good..being stupid and leaving stuff on your car roof story.

I was once driving through the mountains, and I pulled over to take some pics. I was using my new $400 lightmeter to get my readings. While I was packing up my other gear, I. Stupidly set my lightmeter down on the roof of my car and then forgot about it. My error struck me when I was pulling into my hometown after driving about 5hrs. Upon arriving at my house I stepped out to happily find it still on top of my car! I could not believe it had mad the journey all that way. I attribute its survival to luck, the air foil on my bike rack, and my dirty car providing a nice rough surface.

DoubleTapp89

Reaction score
I had my Droid knocked out of my hand and landed on concrete floor face down. and I picked it up and It was just fine. made a small scuff on the bottom backside on the corner. I love my Droid I don't know what I would do without it. :)

dolpns13

Reaction score
Damn that is nuts, I had a similiar story with my LG Dare, the phone I had before my droid.

I used my LG Dare as a timer for the batteries on my R/C Airplanes so I know to land before the battery dies. Well I left my LG Dare on the back of my Ford Fusion, no lie we have the same car, Fusion owners must be [Edited by FoxKat for content]. Anyways I left if on the spoiler of the car and drove about 5 miles down county roads and discovered it missing. Spent 3 hours searching for it. When I found it, it was completely unrecognizable. I sure hope this never happens to my Droid, none the less, if this would have never happened to my LG Dare, I would have never gotten my favorite phone, the Droid!

I also had a Dare prior to getting the Droid, and the Dare was by far the WORST phone I have ever had. It couldnt hold a thumb to the old 4400

Last edited by a moderator:

elstano2k7

Reaction score
Well, my droid turned out to be a transformer! Shoots radio signals, and catches em.... plays VHS tapes and laser disks! And prefers to sleep, rather than save humanity