Question for those of you who jumped to GB from Froyo

craigboy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know you need to flash the new radio in order for GB ROM's to work, but I'm wondering about the process.

I know you:

1. Download and rename to PG05IMG.zip
2. Place on root of SD card
3. Flash from hboot

But what do you do from there. Since the instructions on this radio clearly say this radio will not work with Froyo ROM's, how to I then flash on a GB ROM?

The last time I tried jumping to GB I became caught in a bad semi-brinked state and I'm a little nervous to try it again.

Do I download a ROM to my SD card, then right after I flash the radio do I stay in recovery and then flash the ROM?

I may be missing something very simple and apologize if this seems like a dumb question.

Thanks in advance for any help.

wyld

Reaction score
Do you want to flash to gingerbread it self or other roms like liberty for gingerbread?

sent from my Rooted Gingerbread DroidX using DroidForums

OP
craigboy

craigboy

Reaction score
Other ROM's, I thought I would try Das Bamf 2.05, TH3ORYOFCANDY V3.5.1 or Gingeritis v1.0 because they seem like the GB ROM's that have been updated the most recently.

OP
craigboy

craigboy

Reaction score
PS I'm currently running ThunderROM 1.0 which has been great, I'm just itching to taste some Gingerbread on this

QuietStormXXL

Reaction score
I'm also running the Thunderrom also .how is ya battery life ? And if its great what kernel your using?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
craigboy

craigboy

Reaction score
I'm using the kernel it came with. I got an extended battery right before I flashed it, so it's hard for me to fairly judge the battery life. I'm easily getting a full day's use out of it, but again I am using the extended battery.

wooddale

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know you need to flash the new radio in order for GB ROM's to work, but I'm wondering about the process.

I know you:

1. Download and rename to PG05IMG.zip
2. Place on root of SD card
3. Flash from hboot

But what do you do from there. Since the instructions on this radio clearly say this radio will not work with Froyo ROM's, how to I then flash on a GB ROM?

The last time I tried jumping to GB I became caught in a bad semi-brinked state and I'm a little nervous to try it again.

Do I download a ROM to my SD card, then right after I flash the radio do I stay in recovery and then flash the ROM?

I may be missing something very simple and apologize if this seems like a dumb question.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You got the first part wright. After you do that go into TB roms pick one of the roms that are for MR2 leak(I did bamf remix) download the rom to your card. The boot into CW recovery backup what you are on now. Wipe data factory reset I did three times thats what they said also Davlic. Flash the Rom but dont reboot pull battery (replace) hold volume down and power buttons you will get whiute screen Bootstrap follow instructioins it will tell you to push vol up to start do it let it run it will take awhile donot stop it or pull battery you will screw up your phone when its done it will tell you reboot do it your done. I did mine this way worked first time (it has too). Then just sign in like regular. hope thius helps.

OP
craigboy

craigboy

Reaction score
Perfect, thanks wooddale. So I flash the radio first, then download a GB ROM and install. I will try it when I get home.

wooddale

Reaction score
Perfect, thanks wooddale. So I flash the radio first, then download a GB ROM and install. I will try it when I get home.

No read what it says flash the Rom first

Thank you for the clarification, I was thrown off by this line "You got the first part wright. After you do that..."

One thiung I didnt mention make sure that you delete any other radios (PG05IMG) that are on your sd card. Leave only the MR2 on the root of sd anbd after your done delete or rename it I just deleted you can always get it back if you need it

ktech11

Reaction score
Just to make sure I got this straight: download radio and rename, flash Rom, pull battery and replace, hold volume and power to load hboot, install radio, and good to go? Sorry for asking again, but I a quite new to HTC and hboot. Had D1 for along time

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
The way I did it was rename the radio file and put on the root of SD. Then put the Rom I wanted on the SD as well. Booted into hboot and flashed radio. Let the phone boot into froyo and rebooted into recovery. The only problem with booting into froyo with the gb radio is u won't have any service. Seems like it doesn't really matter which way u go about it.

wooddale

Reaction score
Just to make sure I got this straight: download radio and rename, flash Rom, pull battery and replace, hold volume and power to load hboot, install radio, and good to go? Sorry for asking again, but I a quite new to HTC and hboot. Had D1 for along time

You got it wright. You dont want to go into froyo with no service dont do it that way.