Bricked Phone...Please Help!!

OP
B

BlueIce5249

Reaction score
My computer keeps making the sound of something being unpluged and plugged in, but nothing showing up.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Only thing that would show up: if it was in recovery or booted into the OS you'd see your SD card listed (but inaccessible) as a drive with removable storage.

If it's in the bootloader it should show up in RSD Lite, but other people have had that problem. :) I've seen people try to flash from recovery (holding X instead of up on the d-pad even though people have told them how to access the bootloader), the full OS, you name it.

OP
B

BlueIce5249

Reaction score
Ok, I reinstalled everything and restarted blah blah blah.

Still doesn't show up in RSD Lite. BUT, when I plug it in the computer and go to turn it on, the white light will go on. It still doesn't show up in RSD, but the computer makes a sound like it's accepting something. But nothing still shows up in RSD or My Computer.

Note: still nothing happens when plugged into the wall or unplugged.

OP
B

BlueIce5249

Reaction score
Adn when I call my phone when the lights on it goes straight to voicemail.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay. Do a battery pull, wait 30 seconds, power the phone back up but let it sit for five minutes. Then plug it into the computer and see if you can see the SD card as being a device with removable storage in "My Computer" or whatever Vista has for that option. If so, your phone is working, hardware-wise, nearly 100%, so we have to figure out some way to reset it to stock if you want to be 100% sure you won't get a $500 bill. If not, the phone is really borked and Verizon will have no problems replacing it. :)

OP
B

BlueIce5249

Reaction score
Im gonna unplug it take the battery out and head to bed. It's been a long day (7 hours drive in an ice storm long with a broken phone long).

I'll be back in 8 hours to let you know if that worked.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'm going to suggest you try burning a Linux live CD and loading up a program called SBF_Flash in it, putting the phone back in the bootloader, and then seeing if it shows up in SBF_Flash. If so, reset to stock and take it in for a dead screen. If not, take it back for being a brick.

OP
B

BlueIce5249

Reaction score
I just took it back to VZW today. The guy said there isn't a warranty on it, but he pushed it through as insurance and waived all the fees for me. He said it's not even being shipped back to MOTO. It's just going to a warehouse owned by VZW.

Thanks for all the help!!

OP
B

BlueIce5249

Reaction score
He did! Only problem is I just got the replacement phone and now parts of the physical keyboard dont work and it wont read my SD Card. Back to Verizon tomorrow.