Tried to update to 2.1 and partially bricked!

mntwinsfan

Reaction score
I am hoping someone on here can help. Last night, I updated to 2.1. Everything was working fine last night. I put it on the multimedia dock to charge overnight and when my alarm went off this morning, the droid froze. I tried to restart with the power button and nothing happened. I pulled the battery and the phone restarted ( I could hear the tone it makes when it recognizes the SD card), but the screen went black. Since then, I have attempted multiple pulls with the same result. I am able to feel the haptic feedback when I try to unlock without seeing the screen, but I have yet to be able to get the screen back. I have also tried to power up while holding the x key and power button, but I get nothing. Can anyone help, please?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try charging your phone with the wall charger

OP
M

mntwinsfan

Reaction score
Ok, have charged it (via wall charger) for the last few hours and there is no change.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Try booting into safe mode

1.Switch off your device.

2.Press and hold the power button and the menu button of the physical keyboard at the same time.

3.Keep holding the power button till you see the Droid Eye.

4. Your phone should vibrate.

5. Release hold of the menu button to enable your device to switch to safe mode. You will see the Safe Mode text in the bottom left corner of your screen.

OP
M

mntwinsfan

Reaction score
Ok, after additional attemps to restart, it is now working again. Thanks for your help.