Bricked Phone...Please Help!!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
hmmmm well if it won't boot after tonight id say its toast...not much else you can do if you can't get to recovery or bootloader.

Sent from somewhere...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You have to be in the bootloader (power plus up on d-pad)

Sent from somewhere...

DHO

Reaction score
Try a battery from another phone

I have had very bad scares flashing ROMs and turns out just a battery that picked a very inconvenient time to die.
if another battery doesn't work,.... not much that can be done without getting to the boot loader

OP
B

BlueIce5249

Reaction score
Because the phone isn't dead, but your battery probably is.

Use another battery and see if it's still giving you grief.

But wouldnt it work plugged in still? And the light only works on the computer, not when its in the wall. And I've used 2 different chargers.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Nope. You can try to bypass the battery by sacrificing a USB cable and butchering it to see if the hardware is still good and the battery is just fried, but other than that you'll have to try another battery.

OP
B

BlueIce5249

Reaction score
Nope. You can try to bypass the battery by sacrificing a USB cable and butchering it to see if the hardware is still good and the battery is just fried, but other than that you'll have to try another battery.

I dont have another battery. But I dont want to take it in if it is just the battery because it's rooted.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
$10 on Amazon for a replacement battery. Ask a friend to borrow their battery -- any Droid 1 or Droid 2 battery will work. Ask a friend to charge your battery in their phone, or at least to test it.

OP
B

BlueIce5249

Reaction score
$10 on Amazon for a replacement battery. Ask a friend to borrow their battery -- any Droid 1 or Droid 2 battery will work. Ask a friend to charge your battery in their phone, or at least to test it.

Honestly, don't know anyone with an original D1 or D2. Only DX, HTC, and Samsung. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and take it in. I don't think it's the battery because I've had it working even without the battery when it's plugged into the wall. But now it doesn't even recognize it without the battery. Its only recognized in the computer when the battery is in.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Then you most likely have a dead digitizer/screen/backlight. Pull the battery, wait 30, fire up RSD Lite 4.6-4.9, pop the battery back in, slide out the keyboard, hold up on the d-pad, plug the phone into the computer, and wait to see if RSD Lite recognizes it. If it does, flash SBF and take it back in because of the dead screen.

OP
B

BlueIce5249

Reaction score
Then you most likely have a dead digitizer/screen/backlight. Pull the battery, wait 30, fire up RSD Lite 4.6-4.9, pop the battery back in, slide out the keyboard, hold up on the d-pad, plug the phone into the computer, and wait to see if RSD Lite recognizes it. If it does, flash SBF and take it back in because of the dead screen.

No recognition.