Droid issue. Help please!

dthank

Reaction score
First my droid froze and wouldn't respond, so I had to do a battery pull after a while of no response. Now, when I try to turn my droid on, the backlight comes, but no motorola logo or loading screen. The droid won't start up. I can't get it into recovery mode either. Help please!!! I need to get this fixed.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your Device Model will be helpful, along with some other information...is it Rooted, what were you doing to it when this happened, what kind of recovery do you have...

OP
D

dthank

Reaction score
I am on 2.2 stock. The phone is not rooted, and I was just sending a text to a person when this happened. I have normal recovery mode, and I can't go into recovery mode because nothing shows up on the screen when I try to.

BigZig

Reaction score
if your not rooted the best thing to do is take it to your local VZW store and see what they can do. They will be more help then here because they can handle the phone and if they can't get it to work they will give you a warranty replacement. (Or it could just be a bad battery have you tried pluging the phone in with out the battery and see is it loads up?) It might be a CLNR that's better then not having a phone at all just make sure you inspect the phone when you get to see that there is no damage to it.

OP
D

dthank

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. My phone is still on warranty with Motorola, so I can send it in to get it repaired.

However, I really need it right now.

So, I've been doing more battery pulls, and I just USB connected it, and not the buttons on the bottom light up, it's charging, and the touch screen is responsive, but nothing shows up. I even get sound notifications for text messages. However, the red light is on in the corner signifying very low battery. I'm going to let it charge for a bit and see if that fixes things.

Let me know if you guys know any fixes to the new issues I have.

Thanks again.

OP
D

dthank

Reaction score
My plan is to let it charge fully then do a soft reset, and hopefully the screen will actually show me some images!!! Please give me some input as to what I should do. The touch screen is still responsive, and i'm getting notification sounds for text messages and stuff still.

thatguychuck

Reaction score
I had this issue, just happened out of the blue one day. The phone was functional in every way, just with nothing on the screen. I could even get it to shutdown by tapping my way across the screen, there just wasn't anything to see. In the end I re flashed an SBF file but it didn't help, so I returned it to verizon. Something mechanical went kaput. Probably not the answer you wanted to hear, but just my experience. Hopefully you can find another alternative.

OP
D

dthank

Reaction score
I had this issue, just happened out of the blue one day. The phone was functional in every way, just with nothing on the screen. I could even get it to shutdown by tapping my way across the screen, there just wasn't anything to see. In the end I re flashed an SBF file but it didn't help, so I returned it to verizon. Something mechanical went kaput. Probably not the answer you wanted to hear, but just my experience. Hopefully you can find another alternative.

I just flashed the SBF file the guy above recommended, and it didn't work :(. I have to go to a VZW store tomorrow to talk about a loaner phone while I send this one in to Motorola for warranty replacement.

FML

bigthinker

Reaction score
VZW is really good at solving these problems...Most of the techs are getting really versed at issues taking place with all Droid Phones. Good Luck.