Breaking News - In the Case of Apple vs. Samsung: Samsung found Guilty

z96Cobra

Reaction score
If, after the dust (and all appeals) settles, Samsung has to pay, the money will come (partly) from apple and it's users. Samsung sells multiple components of the iPhone to apple. Samsung will just raise their prices and recoup their losses one iPhone at a time.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
PFvrp-1.gif

grgguy

Reaction score
Dang you guys are really passionate about this topic lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

That's because most of us here have had multiple Android devices. We've patiently watched it grow and improve over the last few years. Now the OS is potentially in danger of being sued out of existence thanks to apples monopolistic buisness practices and a broken patent system.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
grgguy said:
That's because most of us here have had multiple Android devices. We've patiently watched it grow and improve over the last few years. Now the OS is potentially in danger of being sued out of existence thanks to apples monopolistic buisness practices and a broken patent system.

Well dang! When you put it that way... lol

armeddroid

Reaction score
Smh. Samsung.....

As the article stated,
This victory for Apple is huge and opens the door for Apple to take Android head on, on multiple fronts. It's win over Samsung who has the biggest market currently for Android is a huge hit when customers decide on their phones.
And the win comes a month before IPhone 5, iPad Mini and soon Apple TV.

This is the ultimate marketing dream.

This is gonna make the lawsuit from Google Motorola that much more difficult to win in their case against the patent infringements they plan to hit Apple with.

Thanks for the post.
I didn't think we were gonna see judgement until next week.

Last edited:

Jeyman

Reaction score
Smh. Samsung.....

As the article stated,
This victory for Apple is huge and opens the door for Apple to take Android head on, on multiple fronts. It's win over Samsung who has the biggest market currently for Android is a huge hit when customers decide on their phones.
And the win comes a month before IPhone 5, iPad Mini and soon Apple TV.

This is the ultimate marketing dream.

This is gonna make the lawsuit from Google Motorola that much more difficult to win in their case against the patent infringements they plan to hit Apple with.

Thanks for the post.
I didn't think we were gonna see judgement until next week.

No it does not make it harder. It makes it more likely google/moto will win. As patents are being upheld in the courts. This is why I said I am pissed at both sides. Just because apple won does not mean they will win each case; the law will apply to them and patents on both sides will start to be upheld .

Its not like they won thus anyone that will sue them will lose, it hurts them too. No one will win in the long run by victory being upheld as we saw. depending on where the case is google could very well cite apples victory as a way to tell people "uh ya we are in our right to sue here look at Apple V samsung"

armeddroid

Reaction score
Jeyman said:
No it does not make it harder. It makes it more likely google/moto will win. As patents are being upheld in the courts. This is why I said I am pissed at both sides. Just because apple won does not mean they will win each case; the law will apply to them and patents on both sides will start to be upheld .

Its not like they won thus anyone that will sue them will lose, it hurts them too. No one will win in the long run by victory being upheld as we saw. depending on where the case is google could very well cite apples victory as a way to tell people "uh ya we are in our right to sue here look at Apple V samsung"

True but only if Google Motorola's patents hold up against Apple's. I know they beat Apple before from this due to the amount of patents they own but this victory over Samsung can change that direction.

welsalex

Reaction score
armeddroid said:
True but only if Google Motorola's patents hold up against Apple's. I know they beat Apple before from this due to the amount of patents they own but this victory over Samsung can change that direction.

But you have to realize is that Google suing using Motorolas Patents are different than the patents apple used against samsung.

armeddroid

Reaction score
welsalex said:
But you have to realize is that Google suing using Motorolas Patents are different than the patents apple used against samsung.

Oh I see that part. But wasn't one of the patents vs the Galaxy Nexus based on voice commands and copying a Siri type app?
G-Moto is hitting Apple with the same patent.
I mean.. how is that?

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Here is a quote from CNN Money:

"A California jury on Friday found Samsung had infringed on the majority of the patents in question -- including software features like double-tap zooming and scrolling --------
If you already own the devices in question, though, don't worry: Even with an injunction, no one can pry the phone out of your hands. But it's possible that your phone could receive a software update that tweaks how it looks and works."

I guess they are saying that Google could eventually be forced to software update existing phones to remove double tap zoom and scrolling.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
TheOldFart said:
Here is a quote from CNN Money:

"A California jury on Friday found Samsung had infringed on the majority of the patents in question -- including software features like double-tap zooming and scrolling --------
If you already own the devices in question, though, don't worry: Even with an injunction, no one can pry the phone out of your hands. But it's possible that your phone could receive a software update that tweaks how it looks and works."

I guess they are saying that Google could eventually be forced to software update existing phones to remove double tap zoom and scrolling.

Well how is that fair??

Jeyman

Reaction score
Great part of root can block updates.

Also some of apples patents are for looks only and thus if they where upheld tech and software related parents most likely will also be upheld in court.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
So how much $ am I making out of this "0", big corporations suing other big corporations, it's part and has been a part of doing business in this world. Patent litigation is going to be an ongoing thing from now on, Samsung will sue Apple, Apple will sue Samsung, Motto will sue Apple, Apple will sue Motto, and the circle of love will go on and on and on, until they all realize it's costing them more in legal fees "and reputation" than to just cross license their products "Microsoft anyone".

Beskidia

Reaction score
Well how is that fair??

It's not... and never will be. We are losing functionality that make every day more convenient just because apple thinks they are the only one who should be able to use these interface features. soon we would be using scroll bars again on our devices because scrolling by touch is Apple only tech :angry: