Apple Wants $2.5 Billion in Damages From Samsung, but Prefers a Ban Instead

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Maybe Samsung should stop copying iOS...

Come on guys, I love android as much as the next guy, but we all know darn well that there were plenty of jokes made about similarities between the two types of phones before any of this lawsuit stuff came up.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score

Come on guys, I love android as much as the next guy, but we all know darn well that there were plenty of jokes made about similarities between the two types of phones before any of this lawsuit stuff came up.

Yes aesthetically I agree in some cases. But Apple is suing for functionality that should be considered standard. Scroll bars? Lists on a touch device? Come on... Apple didn't even invent these things. They just hold the patent.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

acousticshade

Reaction score
RyanPm40 said:

What part did they copy? Most of this stuff has been around since the 1980's. Icons & scroll lists were available on my Amiga in the late 1980's. Atari should sue because they line up icons in rows! Gasp! $24 for look & feel, give me a break.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Simple - LG isn't a real threat at this stage. If you look at smartphone sales over the last few years, Samsung has been near or at the top of the pack and is the biggest direct competitor to Apple. Apple's goal is to destroy Samsung, then move on to the next company that plays in "their sandbox" - ie the next biggest Android manufacturer.

I want Apple to use their newly granted UI patent that basically covers everything any touch based phone does. This will effectively block the entire smartphone market and people will have to take notice if the only product they can buy is Apple. Only then will something meaningful be done.

and that's what I thought.

Why don't the Judge's see it. Obviously, Apple isn't as violated as they pretend to be. If Samsung & Android wasn't selling as well as it is, then Apple wouldn't care.

meishkov

Reaction score
How did you know!!
Is it wrong I want to create a team of world class hackers to destroy everything apple?
Just onslaught of apple products/ their database. Lol I want to see it all whipped away.. excuse the rage >.>

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Count me in. Crapple is no different than a politician, tho much more corrupt, hypocritical, and way deeper pockets, which makes them dangerous. Hopefully the judge overseeing all this nonsense will take a cue from that other judge that made crapple post on their own website that Samsung's whatever it is(galaxy tab?) didn't look like the ipad. Tho it is definitely important to protect said person's personal creations, this isn't What crapple is doing, they're finding loopholes and abusing these patent systems, just as they abuse the tax loopholes that they're in. Pretty gosh dam corrupt ass company, tho not very many are morally decent, crapple definitely takes the cake. Can only hope that they get shot down over and over and it costs them so much money that they just give up and go back to the drawing boards and get back to actually creating something new, ala iPhone in '06 or '07.

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

donzz

Reaction score
How 'bout that? [video=youtube;CW0DUg63lqU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW0DUg63lqU[/video]

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Apple isnt' inventing first. They either buy out a small company for a feature or two or patent something after someone else has patented it. Patents are expensive and everyone doesn't have the money to do it. Apple swoops in and patents something and bam, the real creator gets screwed over. I'm not going to list them all as its been done over and over but Apple is blatantly copying features from Android that has been in Android for ages. They have copied features that users created and implemented in the iOS jailbreaking scene. Apple has money is so many pockets its sickening. This whole "2.5 billion but we'd rather just ban them" is nothing more than using the broken patent/legal system to create a monopoly. They'll say that they don't have a problem with competition but since they are banned, its not really a monopoly since competitors exist but are just banned.

Yep, in many cases Apple has not invented anything. However, giving credit where credit is due, they sure have a way of being at the forefront of revolution. Think about it, they may not have been the first to integrate all the internal components in to the back of a monitor and it was a smash hit. I know all the teachers at my old high school used them for teacher related tasks. Then look at the iPhone. Even dumb phones were able to use apps back in the day, but apple did it in a way that started that brought smart phones to the main stream consumer where previously the main smartphone was Blackberry and mostly only people who needed a smart phone for work related tasks actually used them. Now everyone, even the tech illiterate, has a smart phone.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yep, in many cases Apple has not invented anything. However, giving credit where credit is due, they sure have a way of being at the forefront of revolution. Think about it, they may not have been the first to integrate all the internal components in to the back of a monitor and it was a smash hit. I know all the teachers at my old high school used them for teacher related tasks. Then look at the iPhone. Even dumb phones were able to use apps back in the day, but apple did it in a way that started that brought smart phones to the main stream consumer where previously the main smartphone was Blackberry and mostly only people who needed a smart phone for work related tasks actually used them. Now everyone, even the tech illiterate, has a smart phone.

It's not apple it was Steve Jobs. Look at what happened when they let him go in the early 90's. Then her hours and creates Pixar and toy story. Then her Congress back and it's like an injection (rofl Swype put infection) of innovation back into apple. Now he's dead... Hopefully apple with it.

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
liftedplane said:
It's not apple it was Steve Jobs. Look at what happened when they let him go in the early 90's. Then her hours and creates Pixar and toy story. Then her Congress back and it's like an injection (rofl Swype put infection) of innovation back into apple. Now he's dead... Hopefully apple with it.

What.

jseah

Reaction score

When John Scully nearly killed Apple and Steve Jobs came back, Apple was literally within 30 days of closing their doors. It took an infusion of money by Bill Gates and Microsoft to help keep Apple going.

52brandon

Reaction score

um, your statement is extremely hard to read, but if I understand it correctly...

Steve Jobs did not "create" Pixar. He bought it, from George Lucas I believe. The biggest thing he did for Apple during his time away was to acquire a company called "NEXT" that designed small PCs. While the concept and company never took off, most of Apple's new OS, that was a big part of their resurgence when Jobs returned was developed at NEXT. Jobs was a genius (in terms of development, running a company and especially at promoting) and Apple is in trouble without him. Right now they are grasping at straws because the iPhone 5 will likely be less than impressive

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
um, your statement is extremely hard to read, but if I understand it correctly...

Steve Jobs did not "create" Pixar. He bought it, from George Lucas I believe. The biggest thing he did for Apple during his time away was to acquire a company called "NEXT" that designed small PCs. While the concept and company never took off, most of Apple's new OS, that was a big part of their resurgence when Jobs returned was developed at NEXT. Jobs was a genius (in terms of development, running a company and especially at promoting) and Apple is in trouble without him. Right now they are grasping at straws because the iPhone 5 will likely be less than impressive

I have an issue writing clearly with Swype... Yes that's essentially what i meant.

Bottom line is that apple is in serious trouble and they know it. I may not agree with everything Steve jobs believed but i cannot deny he was a genius

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Many dictators and serial killers are geniuses. Doesn't make them good people.

The man was out of his mind on a lot of issues. He became everything that he hated about Microsoft, but 10X worse.