Brand of screen protector for your ThunderBolt?

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Accessories' started by guitarchris123, Feb 16, 2011.

1. wingdo

wingdo Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Well I have done it. I ordered the Steinheil ultra fine. The idea of ending up with a matte screen when done was enough to convince me to toss a protector on it.

2. thunderboltglass

thunderboltglass New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope everyone soon figures out the thunderbolt does have gorilla glass. In fact HTC is now one of the biggest company's to use gorilla glass. Go to the gorilla glass website and check the featured products list the thunderbolt is listed.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

3. wingdo

wingdo Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Gah I hate this. I specifically bought the protector because of this reply to my question on does HTC use Gorilla Glass for the Thunderbolt. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/th...protector-your-thunderbolt-2.html#post1395577

Now I want my $20 back. :/

I had my D1 from launch day until the TB launch day and i was not particularly gentle with the phone. There are scuff marks on the metal surrounding the face, the phone was dropped on a few occasions, but the glass is as pristine as the day I bought it. That's Gorilla Glass and why I wasn't looking to get a protector if the TB used Gorilla Glass.

4. thunderboltglass

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya I can't believe people did not check the website first.

5. wingdo

wingdo Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yup, I should have just googled it.

From Corning's site:

Corning® Gorilla® Glass is used by more than 30 major brands and has been designed into more than 350 product models. Due to customer agreements, we cannot identify all devices that feature Gorilla Glass. Your favorite device may include Gorilla Glass, even if you don’t see it listed. Ask your manufacturer or retailer to learn more.

HTC: 7 Mozart, 7 Surround T8788, ChaCha, Aria, Desire, Desire HD, Desire S, Desire Z, Dopod A6388, Dopod T8388, Dragon,
    Droid ERIS, Droid Incredible, EVO 4G, EVO Shift 4G, G1, G2, HD2, HD7, HD mini, Hero, Incredible S, Inspire 4G, Legend, myTouch 3G,
    myTouch 3G Slide, myTouch 4G, T9199, Thunder Bolt, Tianxi T9188, Salsa, Trophy, Wildfire, Wildfire S
    LG: Ally, Arena, Arena TV, Crystal, LG Mini, Maxx, New Chocolate, Ophone, Optimus 2X, Optimus 7, Optimus Mach Optimus Q,
    Optimus Z, Viewty Smart

6. thunderboltglass

Ratings:
    +0
    In all honesty though I don't use a screen protecter but you can still get small micro scratches from dirt and dust. Note these are small I usually just return my phone to Verizon and get it replaced when this happens just tell them you have a software issue lol. I only signed a one year because of corporate discount so I'm sure this phone will be fine without a screen protecter till then but all you others protect your 2yr investment.

7. wingdo

wingdo Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Well I am kinda happy to be moving to a matte screen. I hate the reflections on a glossy, so that is a bonus.

8. urklegrue

urklegrue Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having the worst luck with screen protectors. I used both Steinheil and Skinomi at various points with my Droid 1, never had an issue. I've installed protectors on my Nook Color and my iPod Touch with no issues. But I cannot for the life of me find an acceptable screen protector for the Thunderbolt.

1. Got the Zagg from Best Buy first day I got the Bolt. Applied it correctly, left it overnight. Seemed okay but there would be one corner that would bubble up. I would smoosh it down and then a few hours later it would appear again. Drove me crazy, so I returned it to BB.
    2. Cut a piece off my extra Nook Color's anti-glare film. I did a bad job cutting it but other than that this was the best working one so far. However, I took it off for...
    3. Skinomi. I loved loved loved this on my Droid. I was horrified, however, when after 14 hours of sitting on the Thunderbolt, it looked awful. Like a bird pooped on my screen. I couldn't even leave it there temporarily it was so bad. I know it takes time for the bubbles to go away, but on the Droid it was overnight, and I had to actually use my phone.
    4. Steinheil - Today I wasted both of the films trying to get it right. The first time it was ever so slightly askew so the corner wouldn't go down, so I took it off and then it was toast. The second time an annoying line appeared smack dab in the middle of the screen, and won't go away.

That's where I am now. I ordered the splash Masque from a few posts up so we'll see how that goes. I just think I am spending way too much time and money on this, especially when it was so easy with past devices.

9. slinky

slinky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I used Verizon's in store version. Works fine for the most part and haven't had any problems. If I had to do it again I'd choose anything without an application solution and uses static cling, perhaps the Steinheil. Wish many of these were sold locally instead of waiting several days to order.

10. Beka27

Beka27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Rather than spend a few dollars on a screen protector, you fraudulently get your phone replaced under warranty? That's not too nice.

(from Beka's DX)

11. thunderboltglass

Ratings:
    +0
    Meant as a joke but yes I have done that before. It's replaced with a refurbished phone and that phone goes to be refurbished so its a even trade and no harm done.

12. guitarchris123

Ratings:
    +0

Search tags for this page
htc thunderbolt screen protector review
is anyone having trouble with zagg screen covers for the nex
screen protectors for thunderbolt
should i use a screen protector on my htc thunderbolt

thunderbolt screen protector

thunderbolt screen protector dry application
what other screen protectors can i use for thunderbolt?
what screen protectors will fit thunderbolt