BootLoader

Mytchh

Reaction score
When I try to turn my phone on, this is what it says.

Bootloader
2C.7C

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

Help please. Post if you know what to do.
Thanks a lot!

BTW: I have a Motorola Droid with Verizon.
Thanks again.

Read info from comments below.

Sorry. I'm really pissed right now and it seemed like nobody was going to past because I got 0 views in like 3 hours.
Also, I'm not a random leech. I was on this site for a while, but then I got banned for posting a tutorial that I apparently was allowed to.

INFO: Verizon Motorola Droid
Shows Motorola logo when booting, then goes to black error screen.
Dropped in water. Hit hard.
SD Card.
Rooted & Custom ROM
Can boot into Recovery, flashing doesn't help.
All keys work except camera.

OP
M

Mytchh

Reaction score
Sorry. I'm really pissed right now and it seemed like nobody was going to past because I got 0 views in like 3 hours.

Also, I'm not a random leech. I was on this site for a while, but then I got banned for posting a tutorial that I apparently was allowed to.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
**** this site sucks

With comments like that you don't deserve any help. You need to be more specific in describing your problem. I'm sure its not that nobody would help you, its just that your first post doesn't describe your problem in the least. How did you end up with a problem? What were you trying to do? Which rom/recovery are you running? Etc. Don't be so quick to judge just because you asked a bad question.

Try rephrasing your question and see if that helps. Act like an adult and maybe you'll be treated like one.

Sent from my ADR6400L

Tepes

Reaction score
Looks like you are stuck in bootloader. That is the screen used for flashing a new sbf. Look up sbf or bootloader and you should find more info. I'm not sure how you got stuck in it, I just know that's what I have used for sbf files.

Sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Really? Because you lurked on here and finally posted when you had an issue and expected a response immeadiately?

Geez ....

What occurs if you hold "X" and power?
(Do you get to recovery?)

Yes, you are stuck in bootloader.

Here are some recoveries you can choose one:

RZR, the fav:
http://rzdroid.com/ftp/recovery/RZR-2.0.3-recovery_only.sbf

SPR, was the fav, still great too:
http://www.rzdroid.com/ftp/recovery/MC1_A855_1282081087_Recovery-Only_SPRecovery_0.99.3b.sbf

You'll have to flash the recovery of your choice to the phoone, then boot into it ("X" plus power)

nce in recovery, you can mount USB storage and load a ROM, then flash.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
As the previos poster said, we need to know more information. Plus its only been a couple hrs since you asked, its the middle of the day, people do work.
Are you rooted? What were you doing before this happened? Have you tried anything to try and fix? What happens when you power on and hold X?

Sent from somewhere...

OP
M

Mytchh

Reaction score
My phone was water damaged and I dropped it. I am rooted and i installed a custom ROM but I've had it for a while.

I have a Motorola Droid. I wasnt doing anything before hand.

Basically I dropped it, put it in rice, tried to turn it on, and got this error.

OP
M

Mytchh

Reaction score
Really? Because you lurked on here and finally posted when you had an issue and expected a response immeadiately?

Geez ....

What occurs if you hold "X" and power?
(Do you get to recovery?)

Yes, you are stuck in bootloader.

Here are some recoveries you can choose one:

RZR, the fav:
http://rzdroid.com/ftp/recovery/RZR-2.0.3-recovery_only.sbf

SPR, was the fav, still great too:
http://www.rzdroid.com/ftp/recovery/MC1_A855_1282081087_Recovery-Only_SPRecovery_0.99.3b.sbf

You'll have to flash the recovery of your choice to the phoone, then boot into it ("X" plus power)

nce in recovery, you can mount USB storage and load a ROM, then flash.

I've already reflashed and what not. I can get into SPRecovery. I did a key test and all keys work except for the camera button. When I click it, it freaks out and activates a bunch of random keys.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
So you can get past bootloader then? Anyways, there was another thread here about water damage (no, not the other one you started last night, I've asked that one closed) that was pretty extensive and pretty much required leaving the phone off for a few days to make sure it got all the way dried out BEFORE trying to power it on. It also discounted the rice solution.

In all honesty, it sounds like you may be SOL, because if you don't wait for all traces of the moisture to be gone, once you start running electrons through it, it will short out something and POOF it's done.

OP
M

Mytchh

Reaction score
So you can get past bootloader then? Anyways, there was another thread here about water damage (no, not the other one you started last night, I've asked that one closed) that was pretty extensive and pretty much required leaving the phone off for a few days to make sure it got all the way dried out BEFORE trying to power it on. It also discounted the rice solution.

In all honesty, it sounds like you may be SOL, because if you don't wait for all traces of the moisture to be gone, once you start running electrons through it, it will short out something and POOF it's done.
Well nothing can be that wrong with it since I can boot it up and everything seems to work. But thanks for the info. I made myself look like a leech, which I guess I am on this new account. You may have known me as W E L F A R E before. I had some tutorials and helped a lot of people with rooting before.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
So it's working now? Or are you still getting the error screen? Have you flashed a full SBF, rooted it, then restored a backup or flashed a new ROM?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted

Well nothing can be that wrong with it since I can boot it up and everything seems to work. But thanks for the info. I made myself look like a leech, which I guess I am on this new account. You may have known me as W E L F A R E before. I had some tutorials and helped a lot of people with rooting before.
I remember the name. I didn't call you a leech, but on the other hand, even though sometimes people get responses here almost faster than through VZW Tech, it should never be assumed (nor demanded) that this is always the case at a forum site. Look at some of the threads I started and see how fast I get responses.

Now as for your phone, if it all boots up and works normally (i.e., if the part of your quote I bolded is true), what's the issue?

OP
M

Mytchh

Reaction score
Now as for your phone, if it all boots up and works normally (i.e., if the part of your quote I bolded is true), what's the issue?
I meant that my phone will turn on, but then i get the bootloader screen.

Everything works as in the buttons and etc..
I did a key test in SPRecovery and only the camera button seems to have issues. But that only happens when I actually press it.

OP
M

Mytchh

Reaction score
So it's working now? Or are you still getting the error screen? Have you flashed a full SBF, rooted it, then restored a backup or flashed a new ROM?
I still get the error screen. I've done a full wipe and then flashed the stock ROM. No matter what I do, the bootloader error comes up onto the screen. I have access to edit my SD card as well as to go into Recovery if that helps.

OP
M

Mytchh

Reaction score
This is what happens when I try to flash the stock sbf..

b8b57b1339e4a8eb374eece8c6ace4ce.png