Boot Up Time

Escobar

Reaction score
Anybody have any idea as to why this phone takes approximately 14.7 years to boot up? Does anybody have a way to fix it? It's fine until it gets to the 4g LTE screen then it sits there and taunts me. I'm tired of it.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's called Gingerbread, just install the ICS leak "phone takes 30 seconds to boot" plus runs faster and smoother with more features. Click on the Download link and follow my instruction below, enjoy:hail: ICS, http://www.talkandroid.com/116546-latest-ics-leak-for-the-htc-rezound-looks-to-be-near-official/

Here are the Step by Step Install Instructions for ICS:

1. Go to the market and install Solid Explorer to your Rezound "it's a file utility app".
2.PLug in Rezound to Computer via USB, and choose Use as Disk drive option, not charge only option, now give it a few sec for computer to recognize the drives, now go to my computer and you will see two extra drives, one is the Internal and one is the external SD drive on your Rezound, if you don't know which is which, just right click on it and check out it's properties to see the size of it, it should help you figure out which is the SD card one.
3.Now go to the link I have posted in this thread "post #2" and download the latest ICS leak "pretty much official".
4.After downloading the file, go to the folder where you downloaded it, put your mouse pointer on the file and right click on it, the file will be highlighted in blue and a box will pop up "scroll down to the line that says Rename, it is the second from last", now left click on that, now the box will disapear and the file will be highlighted in blue, take your mouse pointer and place it on top of the file in front of the letter P, now left click and with your backspace button erase all the numbers that are in front of the P, after doing that do the same and erase anything behind the letter G, the file shall look like this PH98IMG , now right click on it and there will be a box that comes up, scroll down to Send to, another box will come up with locations that you want to send file to, scroll down to the location of your external SD card on your Rezound "mine showed up as H, "Rezound needs to be plugged in via USB as a Hard Drive "NOT charge only", after scrolling down to the drive you want the file to be send to left click on the desired file, file should now be installed on your Rezounds SD card.
5.Uplug Rezound from PC, give it at least 30 sec to reformat the SD card, now go to the File utility you installed from the Market, once opened, scroll down to the black SD card image "that is your external SD card" click on it, now scroll all the way down to the last file which should read PH98IMG.zip at 603mb. If that is what you see then you are good to GO BABY, ICS is only half plus hr away.
6. Go and Uncheck Fast boot option, it's in System settings, it is "crucial" you do this, once unckecked go back to home screen and POWER DOWN DEVICE.
7. Open the back of Device and REMOVE the BATTERY for 1 minute.
8.Put back battery and cover "Make sure Cover is tight.
9.Press the Volume button down "volume down" do not let it go and press the Power Button.
10.Put Rezound down "LEAVE IT ALONE" the ICS process is on it's way "it will ask you a couple of times to continue with a certain process,at which time you will press the power button so it can continue", device will Reboot twice, LEAVE IT ALONE, till you see the home screen lock button ring with the stock wallpaper.
11. ENJOY ICS.

OP
Escobar

Escobar

Reaction score
Yea but I've been patient for this long I might as well wait for the ota.

HowardZ

Reaction score
I have also been patient, waiting for the OTA.
But, my patience feels like it is wearing thin.
:)

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was in the same boat as you guys, kept waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting, and finally took the plunge, considering I was a noob at this, it was fairly easy and painless, now JB anyone hehe:icon_ devil:.

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
Yeah... Don't expect the ota anytime soon

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Xander Crews

Reaction score
What happens if you install the ICS leak and then the OTA comes out?

If you installed the ICS leak, will you then get the official OTA ICS?