Boot up sequence on 2.2 - stop the voice!

joybeet

Reaction score
I just got the upgrade for my droid incredible on Friday. Now when the phone is turned on, it says "droid" in an sinister computer voice, and then it has this red eye that stares like it's watching you. Is this happening to anyone else, or is my phone possessed? Can I turn it off? It creeps me out.
So far, I'm not noticing any lost functionality from the upgrade.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is the new Boot Animation and I don't think you can turn it off, without Root Access that is, you will get used to it, remember the Droid is your friend

By the way, Welcome to the Forum

zdragon354

Reaction score
I got my Froyo update at 2 something in the morning and had my phone accross the room while the update was going on. And then all of suddan someone says DROID. I jumped out my chair :icon_eek: . But, I have got use to it and kinda like it. Hardly ever turn my phone on and off for it to be much of a issue.

mentaloaf

Reaction score
That's hilarious...I guess I've gotten used to it even though I almost never reboot my phone

mentaloaf

Reaction score
If you root your droid you'll be able to install custom boot animations and get rid of that one

chartle

Reaction score
Any way to mute it?

For whatever reason my phone rebooted at 5:30 AM and was startled by the "voice".

On all my other Verizon phones there was an option to mute the startup and shutdown soundws.

bmt626

Reaction score
If your phone is on vibrate or silent when booting the sounds will now play only other way to disable it is if your are rooted

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

enichols4905

Reaction score
Silence "Droid" voice in Android 2.2

Go to the Market and get a free app, Silent Boot. Reboot your phone and the Droid Voice is gone!