Droid Incredible stuck at startup and looping

OP
S

slappy2040

Reaction score
I think we found somethin in the Android Forums, and also found a video on YouTube on how to do it. The video was a huge help. After a couple of attempts at first, it wasn't working. Then, we just took the battery out of the phone for about 10 minutes and tried everything again and it worked. After going back to 2.1, and then installing the update again, everything worked fine.

I'm sorry I don't have the links for you...I've switched laptops since this happened and never transferred my favorites. If you google for it, I'm sure you'll find it. It seems like alot of people were having the same problem. Good Luck.

jraplus

Reaction score
Correct -- it doesn't connect. If I boot in recovery mode, my computer recognizes it as a CD drive but doesn't find any files. Apparently there is a safe mode, but I can't get it to boot into safe mode; I think this would probably be the solution. Other internet threads say that getting it into safe mode requires holding down a few buttons at once, but I think that holding "menu" isn't registering, since it's not a physical button.

My computer found new drivers. But the phone doesn't ever get to a booted-up stage where the computer can find it. The recovery mode is the closest I can get.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET IT INTO SAFE MODE? I would appreciate it.

Hold down volume down, the power button and camera button while rebooting, it takes a couple of minutes but should put you in safe mode.