1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

USB Connection and Charging Problems since 2.2 update

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Tech Support' started by mtn335, Sep 14, 2010.

1. mtn335

mtn335 New Member

Stock Droid Incredible, not rooted, Official Verizon OTA 2.2

Since I got 2.2 (standard OTA upgrade), I'm experiencing the following problems:

(1) When I plug my phone into any USB power source (wall, Mac, PC, car), music playback stops and I get a "No Music Found" note in the HTC Music app, and "SDCARD is busy" on Astro Player.

(2) When I plug my phone into a computer (mac or PC), the same as above happens. My settings are that the default is "Charge Only" but "ask every time" is checked. Since 2.2 upgrade, the phone never asks what type of connection I want.

(3) I can't get any computer to mount the phone storage or SD card to add/remove files

I've tried messing with the settings, I've restarted phones and computers, removed battery, etc. No factory reset yet, but will try that. Any other ideas? This is *really* annoying and, since I use the phone as an audiobook player, kills it since I now can't charge and listen at the same time.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks ​
  2. Rphi3788

Rphi3788 New Member

I am also having the same issues..
  3. griffsgarage

griffsgarage New Member

I am having the same exact problem. It seems that the upgrade has made my droid have a mind of its own! Very frustrating! PLEASE HELP!
  4. Rphi3788

Rphi3788 New Member

Power off phone.. Hold power and optical joystick down and then scroll down to reboot using volume controls and reboot the phone.. This fixed my issues.. Hope it helps
  5. petike

petike New Member

Thanks!

Was having the exact same issue. Reboot method worked for me.

Thanks!
  6. berkeleywalker

berkeleywalker New Member

I had the same problem. The reboot seemed not to help at first, but then my pictures started to download. Now if only I could get the FM radio to work again. It has not played since the upgrade.
  7. crunchcg

crunchcg New Member

I was finally able to get my FM radio to work again after deleting the data and forcing a rescan for stations. I believe I did this under managing applications. Found this tip on an earlier HTC android phone thread.
Search tags for this page

droid incredible 2 usb charging problems

droid incredible usb connection failer

droid incredible usb failure

galaxy s3 charging and usb problems since android update