USB Connection and Charging Problems since 2.2 update

mtn335

Reaction score
Stock Droid Incredible, not rooted, Official Verizon OTA 2.2

Since I got 2.2 (standard OTA upgrade), I'm experiencing the following problems:

(1) When I plug my phone into any USB power source (wall, Mac, PC, car), music playback stops and I get a "No Music Found" note in the HTC Music app, and "SDCARD is busy" on Astro Player.

(2) When I plug my phone into a computer (mac or PC), the same as above happens. My settings are that the default is "Charge Only" but "ask every time" is checked. Since 2.2 upgrade, the phone never asks what type of connection I want.

(3) I can't get any computer to mount the phone storage or SD card to add/remove files

I've tried messing with the settings, I've restarted phones and computers, removed battery, etc. No factory reset yet, but will try that. Any other ideas? This is *really* annoying and, since I use the phone as an audiobook player, kills it since I now can't charge and listen at the same time.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks​

griffsgarage

Reaction score
I am having the same exact problem. It seems that the upgrade has made my droid have a mind of its own! Very frustrating! PLEASE HELP!

Rphi3788

Reaction score
Power off phone.. Hold power and optical joystick down and then scroll down to reboot using volume controls and reboot the phone.. This fixed my issues.. Hope it helps

petike

Reaction score
Thanks!

Was having the exact same issue. Reboot method worked for me.

Thanks!

berkeleywalker

Reaction score
I had the same problem. The reboot seemed not to help at first, but then my pictures started to download. Now if only I could get the FM radio to work again. It has not played since the upgrade.

crunchcg

Reaction score
I was finally able to get my FM radio to work again after deleting the data and forcing a rescan for stations. I believe I did this under managing applications. Found this tip on an earlier HTC android phone thread.