Boot loop, plz halp

SyNiK4L

Reaction score
okay well ur gonna have to .sbf at this point...so ur gonna have to charge ur battery somehow...and dont go to verizon cus they deff dont want to help you...cus ur rooted and trying to do something that they dont support....u may end up having to buy another battery or buy an external charger of some sort. otherwise FIND someone who has DX whether its a friend or not....cus if u've wiped many times and it doesnt help...then u need to .sbf

also we're gonna need more info...what version of the rom were u installing? .06 gingerbread? and what were u on froyo? or what? tell us exactly what u did prior to this happening so we know where u are

OP
P

Picnicpanther

Reaction score
I was running Apex Fabolous before I wiped and tried to do Liberty, which may have been the problem. However, I can't do a .SBF because I can't load the moto program on a Mac. I can get to a bootloader and a recovery, but it doesn't do much good because my computer won't recognize it unless it's in the USB Debugger mode. That's why I was thinking if I got a micro SD adapter and maybe copied the recovery file onto my SD card, plugged it into my phone, and ran it from the Android System Recovery or Bootloader (whichever one, I'm a noob), then maybe I could make some headway. I'm meeting with a friend of a friend today to get my battery charged.

OP
P

Picnicpanther

Reaction score
I have no clue. it was based on 2.3.4, whichever iteration that is.

OP
P

Picnicpanther

Reaction score
So I'm at a friend's with a PC running windows 7, and it's not recognizing my Droid X in the Bootloader (where it says okay to program) in RSDlite. He has all the correct drivers and anything. PLEASE, I NEED HELP!

OP
P

Picnicpanther

Reaction score
I wish someone would have HELPED ME, because now, after fiddling around with the phone for like 2 hours, trying to get RSDlite to recognize the phone, then finally when it did, dealing with the error saying that not enough image files created and flash process failure, THEN when I tried to use the Shado_X6 ROM instead, it went through but it was still stuck in a boot loop afterwards, and now it went back to low battery. I SBFed it with no change. It was still stuck in a bootloop. I really needed some help in these last few hours but I guess it was too much of an inconvenience for people. And now my phone is probably ****ed up for life.

SyNiK4L

Reaction score
okay calm down dude .....iv been at work all night...and i would have but iv been busy...and i dn why no one else has but its not ****ed up for life...it never really can be TBH. U can always flash some .sbf or another to fix it...u might be flashing the wrong one....and btw the shado.sbf u flashed is a system only .sbf which means its not flashing stock recovery u need the full .340 image which is called VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf google that...find a charger again...and this time...if u charge ur battery full and cant figure it out....dont continue to flash stuff that doesnt work....take ur time find out what u need to fix it and then flash it...because otherwise ur gonna keep having ur battery die and then ur gonna be right back where u were now....so just take a deep breath and slow down and ill help u fix this. iv bricked my DX about everyway possible and iv always gotten my phone back to normal. sometimes it just takes odd orders of flashing.

OP
P

Picnicpanther

Reaction score
Well, I tried the original .sbf, the non Shado one, but it kept failing after it completed, saying that the flash process failed and the not enough images were written, or something like that. Then, when I tried the shado one, it went all the way through till it said "Manually Reboot This Phone," yet still got stuck in a bootloop.

SyNiK4L

Reaction score
well was it bootlooping at the "M" logo or was it getting to the boot animation....cus u usually still need to enter stock recovery by holding (home + power) and then when u see the "!" press the search button and then u'll be in stock recovery then u need to hit wipe data/factory reset

also was the first .sbf u tried this one VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01?
and second u may need to try the new .sbf that they came out with http://www.droid-life.com/2011/06/06/droidx-gingerbread-4-5-596-sbf-file-released/
found there. and if neither of those work....we might need to take u back to 2.1. and then flash the 2.1 stock recovery...i have both of those files if u need them. i ****ed up when trying to move to Gingerbread and i had to do it that way

Rezael

Reaction score
After you sbf always factory reset. This will fix your issues.

Look on the bright side once u learn to successfully sbf you can never not get your phone back to working stock. There's really not much it can't fix. So bring a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish he eats for a lifetime.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

SyNiK4L

Reaction score
After you sbf always factory reset. This will fix your issues.

Look on the bright side once u learn to successfully sbf you can never not get your phone back to working stock. There's really not much it can't fix. So bring a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish he eats for a lifetime.

exactly. but rez i have had times where certain .sbfs didnt work..so i just wanted to make sure we covered all the bases

OP
P

Picnicpanther

Reaction score
I initially tried to use the stock VZR 3.3.34 .SBF, which kept stalling after 100% Executed, where it gave me two error messages every time: "Failed Flash Process" and "Not Enough Images Written," or something to that effect, it was on my friend's computer, but it had about two of each error in each flash error log that was created in the RSDlite folder.

SyNiK4L

Reaction score
Okay but when u flashed the shado one did u try to get into stock recovery like we said above? is it boot looking the m logo or is it looping once the boot animation starts?

SyNiK4L

Reaction score
Did u try to go into stock recovery like we explained above?