Boot loop after Liberty3 2.0 install attempt

fuergrissa

Reaction score
was running an older version of liberty (possibly V2?) for a while and decided to upgrade. I downloaded v3 2.0 Gold from the ROM manager, and attempted to install, but got stuck on a boot screen that said USB mode, (If I unplugged it would say Data cable). So I rebooted to recovery and did a factory wipe, then installed from zip (in the rom manager/downloads folder I believe) said install was successfull but then I'm stuck looping to splash screen.

I pulled the battery to stop the loop and used the home/search button method to get back into recovery. I tried wiping again, problem persists. Also in this recovery there is no option to install from zip, so I don't know how I can get a working rom flashed back onto the phone.

any advice?

Savagerun

Reaction score
Since your not sure what version of liberty you were on you may have been on froyo. The version of liberty your trying to install is for gingerbread. Is your Motorola logo white or red when you reboot?
Yeah im pretty sure you were on liberty 2.0.1 probably which is froyo. You'll need to sbf to 602 now to install liberty 3 and root your phone again. This link has what you need http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/35634-gb-602-root-start-here-links-all.html just do the 602 iso in that link and after that you can take the OTA to get you on. 605 then root that with the d3 one click root also found in the link. There's videos in the link to show you how to sbf and root. After you root grab droid 2 bootstrap and make a backup of your rooted stock 605 then go ahead and install liberty 3.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
.602 and .605 use the same radio. U can flash liberty 3 2.0 on .602 and be fine. Just make sure u delete data and cache in cwm before u flash liberty.

Savagerun

Reaction score
.602 and .605 use the same radio. U can flash liberty 3 2.0 on .602 and be fine. Just make sure u delete data and cache in cwm before u flash liberty.

He probably has the 7 radio now and doing an sbf using the 602 iso will not change the radio therefore he would need to take the ota to 605 to get the newer 13 radio. He can skip going to 605 if he installs the 13 radio right now. The radio can only be installed while on froyo.
Here's the radio http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11695745/DXC Baseband Updater 1.09.13P.zip

OP
F

fuergrissa

Reaction score
Am back on the forum after a while, thought I should mention that I followed Savagerun's instrunctions and had everything working better than ever inside a half hour. Thank you both.