[BOOT]animation by chkmate...the beginning!!!

detox

Reaction score
Yo chkmate, was gonna check out one of these but before I did, I went to root explorer- media, and there is not an existing bootanimation in there? Or is this just to change from one to another?

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
chkmate

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yo chkmate, was gonna check out one of these but before I did, I went to root explorer- media, and there is not an existing bootanimation in there? Or is this just to change from one to another?

Sent from my DROIDX

Apparently it differs from phone to phone. Depending on what ROM you have installed. If the ROM changes your build.prop then it puts your bootanimation in your data/local folder instead. You should be able to install it there. I believe you take off the zip part. Make sure it looks like the file with the sheriff star on it.

I need to look into it more.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

detox

Reaction score
That's where it is. Data-local. Thanks

Didn't have to remove .zip. just used .bak and got star. Thanks and good work!

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
chkmate

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you remove zip or not. Is that what you did? And did it work?

Thanks by the way:)

detox

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you remove zip or not. Is that what you did? And did it work?

Thanks by the way:)

Just renamed it to see if id get a star. Gonna d'ld now and give it a shot. I'll let you know shortly

Sent from my DROIDX

detox

Reaction score
Went to data-local. Did not remove.zip. just added.bak. moved your spunbootanimation.zip to that folder and removed spun2 to just read "bootanimation.zip" and it worked perfect! Thanks for the help!

So I tried them all and I seem to like the spun the best but great work on all of them. Thanks again

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
chkmate

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Went to data-local. Did not remove.zip. just added.bak. moved your spunbootanimation.zip to that folder and removed spun2 to just read "bootanimation.zip" and it worked perfect! Thanks for the help!

So I tried them all and I seem to like the spun the best but great work on all of them. Thanks again

Sent from my DROIDX

Thanks a lot bro. And they will get better.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Install Instructions>>>

These are the ones I wrote up using Root Explorer.

-Download file to desktop of comp.

-Plug phone into comp via USB and select USB mass storage.

-Move file to root of SD card, not in a folder.

-Switch USB setting back to charge so it mounts your card and unplug from comp.

-Open Root Explorer, scroll to SD card and select.

-Scroll to the file, long press on it and copy.

-Hit your back arrow to go back one page in Root Explorer.

-Go to system/media and open.

-Hit the top right button from R/W to R/O.

-Long press on the existing bootanimation.zip and select rename.

-Rename it to bootanimation.bak and save.

-Now paste your new file in that folder, long press and rename it so it reads bootanimation.zip exactly and save.

-Don't forget to press the button on top right so it reads R/W and exit Root Explorer.

-Reboot and enjoy.

If you want the original back go to system/media, hit that top right button, delete the new one and rename the old back to bootanimation.zip.

Don't forget to hit the button in top right before you exit.

Sorry the video is shaky, no tripod.

Here ya go>>>
YouTube - Bootani Change

Hey Cmate, I got a Suggestion for you With the Jordan BA..Can you make the Jordan Logo the final logo instead of the X. I think its sik to have it begin the Spin and to end up with it as well..IDK how hard it would be but you the master not me:)

OP
chkmate

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Due to the size of my new BA I don't think it will upload to the site. Will have to make another download link for it.

OP
chkmate

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Due to the size of my new BA I don't think it will upload to the site. Will have to make another download link for it.

Sweet. Keep us posted :)

Sent from my DROIDX

The link to DL link to Megaupload is in OP 3rd post down for my new Linux Mix bootani.

And like I posted there, if anyone knows who did the original "Damn Small Linux" bootani please let me know.

Video will be up soon:)

djakrse

Reaction score
And like I posted there, if anyone knows who did the original "Damn Small Linux" bootani please let me know.

This one? - Daali

I remember cuz he mentioned it in that thread we were discussing about animations :)

OP
chkmate

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

This one? - Daali

I remember cuz he mentioned it in that thread we were discussing about animations :)

Thats the link and the person. But now that I think of it mine doesn't have the DSL part that he has in his. I will still give partial credit to him till I know for sure.

Video will be up in 20 min.

detox

Reaction score

Sweet. Keep us posted :)

Sent from my DROIDX

The link to DL link to Megaupload is in OP 3rd post down for my new Linux Mix bootani.

Nice!

Sent from my DROIDX