[BOOT]animation by chkmate...the beginning!!!

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is the beginning, so be gentle.

I want to thank Army Dude, who is ALWAYS there to answer my questions, thanks man!!!

Would also like to thank djakrse, who also answered a few questions for me.

Please check out my friend, scarmack work, out on his website>>> | Droid X | ScarMack |

If your not familiar with installing these, just rename to bootanimation.zip and place it in system/media in root explorer, replacing existing. If your running a ROM it may change the build.prop, meaning the file will be in data/local. If so, you will have to rename to bootanimation.zip.bak

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PHONE!!!

Here ya go>>>[video=youtube;SlKQ_2nk5b8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlKQ_2nk5b8[/video]

Attachments

• DXbootanimation.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 374
OP
chkmate

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here's the newest one. Still messing around:)

Here ya go>>>[video=youtube;Nk3lspVxdSc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk3lspVxdSc[/video]

Attachments

• SPUN2bootanimation.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 430
OP
chkmate

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
LinuX Mix Bootani. DL is here>>> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IHW95CWT

LinuXfused Bootani. DL is here>>> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TBZX5YI5

LinuXFused2 Bootani. DL is here>>> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=04UPF8E1

These above are a little too large for the Droid Forums upload limit. They all have the same ending as of now, working on others. They are getting better as I learn. So if your comfortable switching them out please give these a shot and let me know what you think:)

Here ya go>>>

[video=youtube;lQMwhZ2bcXY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQMwhZ2bcXY[/video]

New LinuXDroiDRed Bootani. video since it's had no views and I think it looks good:)

[video=youtube;-EHPv0J0HvU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EHPv0J0HvU[/video]

Attachments

• SMKDbootanimation.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 269
  • RedJbootanimation.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 282
  • LinuXDroiDRedbootanimation.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 313

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ill check it out when I get home and see how good it is ;)

Jk. But I will check it out for sure!

OP
chkmate

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

I'm just starting, so feedback would be killer. I know your one to ask:)

Thank you!

Nice work chkmate!

Sent from my DROIDX

Thanks detox! I'm going to do one more similar to this one. Last one didn't take too long. But I'm gonna spend a couple weeks on my third:)

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Looks awesome as it...but you did ask for suggestions, so I thought I would throw this out and see what you think...

Can you slow down the pulsating "Droid X" logo at the end a bit...say to the tune more in line with a slightly fast beating heart? I think that would be a slicker looking tail section to the animation.

As just a sidenote since this is your work, but a different method on the frontend beside the gunshots might work too...like an explosion/disintegration type deal. Hard for me to explain it, so I am attaching an old Ulead .gif I made way back when of my nickname...

And while I am throwing these suggestions out there...if you choose to not use the ideas, would you mind if I "tore into" your boot animation and hacked it up a bit to use on my DX? I want to learn how to do this type stuff, but I am a mechanic by trade, so I dont learn to easy by reading...I am a "hands-on" type person and its easier for me to learn by going in reverse...
If its not cool, thats fine, I wont swipe your work...

Attachments

• BagzGif.gif
    BagzGif.gif
    64.1 KB · Views: 491
OP
chkmate

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome as it...but you did ask for suggestions, so I thought I would throw this out and see what you think...

Can you slow down the pulsating "Droid X" logo at the end a bit...say to the tune more in line with a slightly fast beating heart? I think that would be a slicker looking tail section to the animation.

As just a sidenote since this is your work, but a different method on the frontend beside the gunshots might work too...like an explosion/disintegration type deal. Hard for me to explain it, so I am attaching an old Ulead .gif I made way back when of my nickname...

And while I am throwing these suggestions out there...if you choose to not use the ideas, would you mind if I "tore into" your boot animation and hacked it up a bit to use on my DX? I want to learn how to do this type stuff, but I am a mechanic by trade, so I dont learn to easy by reading...I am a "hands-on" type person and its easier for me to learn by going in reverse...

Hey thanks for the words B Bagz, and the suggestions!

You do what ever you want with my stuff (as long as you give me a little credit). :)

All I did was unzip someone previous bootanimation and see how many pictures were in part0 and part1 folders. After seeing the sizes of their images that's what I made mine. I tried to get the amount of pics around the same number. I have no idea how to edit the desc or set framerate.

So have at it and thanks again. Let me knowhow it goes and if you have any pointers.

BodyBagz

Reaction score

Hey thanks for the words B Bagz, and the suggestions!

You do what ever you want with my stuff (as long as you give me a little credit). :)

All I did was unzip someone previous bootanimation and see how many pictures were in part0 and part1 folders. After seeing the sizes of their images that's what I made mine. I tried to get the amount of pics around the same number. I have no idea how to edit the desc or set framerate.

So have at it and thanks again. Let me knowhow it goes and if you have any pointers.
Sure thing Dude...will gladly give you credit! Thanks for the ok to work with yours...I like it the way it is, but I dont want to have "exactly" the same thing...so its a great base to start off with...

I am gonna start on it tomorrow and see what I can do by the weekend...I`ll post something then if I can get it working...lol

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I'm just starting, so feedback would be killer. I know your one to ask:)

Thank you!

Looks better than my 1st boot animation lol.
And for your first, not bad at all!
Are you generating individual images in a photo editing program?

If you need any help with resolution stretching or framerate in desc.txt, feel free to PM me. It's pretty easy to adjust.

Casen

Reaction score
I will help out too. I used to make a few videos into boot animations. I would also add sound. I had to fiddle with the desc.txt quite a bit.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk