[BOOT]animation by chkmate...the beginning!!!

OP
chkmate

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
And I PM'd you. I've had plenty of boot ani's that didn't install and it would be a black screen when I boot up. But the one's I make specifically work in the system/media file of Root Explorer.

They may work in a different folder as well, just haven't tried.

OP
chkmate

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Cmate, That video was straight forward and unfortunately, I think I have a file somewhere that's preventing it from happening..I still get no animation at all..Your video was too straight forward to mess up but still ain't working...OH well...Thanks anyways

OP
chkmate

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cmate, That video was straight forward and unfortunately, I think I have a file somewhere that's preventing it from happening..I still get no animation at all..Your video was too straight forward to mess up but still ain't working...OH well...Thanks anyways

Are you running a ROM? Cause if it rewrites the build.prop it will sometimes relocate it to a different file or folder. I have someone gonna help me when they get off work. So check your PM later. Sorry.

maderschramm

Reaction score
data/local

make sure you remove the previously inserted bootanim

you have to replace the actual zip file on your phone. so if it's missing you need to find it. it relys on an edit in (i believe) build.prop

OP
chkmate

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank you for coming in here. He's at work also. I just left home. When I get back I will do some searching for you on the other.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

OP
chkmate

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
data/local

make sure you remove the previously inserted bootanim

you have to replace the actual zip file on your phone. so if it's missing you need to find it. it relys on an edit in (i believe) build.prop

So I have nothing in data/local. So it cannot be in both places at once? And what's he rename it if he puts it there? Just bootanimation with no zip right?

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

maderschramm

Reaction score
Right. There is only one bootanimation.zip file. It's either in data/local or system/media (or somewhere else). You should your phone with root explorer until you see the file then swap it out with your own.

OP
chkmate

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Right. There is only one bootanimation.zip file. It's either in data/local or system/media (or somewhere else). You should your phone with root explorer until you see the file then swap it out with your own.

See? I go searching for you on the OG Droid and low and behold your the top thread I see in Droid section.

maderschramm

Reaction score

See? I go searching for you on the OG Droid and low and behold your the top thread I see in Droid section.

I get around man ;)

OP
chkmate

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

I get around man ;)

Does this mean you found what your looking for? Or do you need me to go on an Easter egg hunt for you.

And thanks for the help earlier. Waiting for him to get back with me to see if he got it. Think he was getting fed up, hope not.

maderschramm

Reaction score
No problem man. I give help and like help in return. I think I'm good to go in the OG Droid forum, but thank you. I still haven't heard much about replacing the kernel, but I'll figure it out eventually.