Blur Dialer on Focused?

Reaction score
Iirc it is being worked on but not currently. What we really need is for someone to patch the AOSP dialer so it can go landscape. You can dial in landscape but calls do look weird. Small price to pay for a smoking fast X.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mr_brady

Reaction score
I too would love to be able to do this. Ideally I'd like to use the Focused ROM with the Blur dialer and contacts (like the Emergency Contacts feature). The rest of the Blur I can live without.

Last edited:
OP
bd1212

bd1212

Reaction score
Someone please port it. You would probably get quite a few donations for doing a project like this. ;)

Droid74

Reaction score
if you read Drods OP it says he will not add any blur back in so dont ask...sorry

Reaction score
Except that you can port certain things like the blur camera back into focused if you want. There are a few blur things that are pretty good imo. Dialer is one of them.

OP
bd1212

bd1212

Reaction score
Do you know how to port things? If you were to write up a noob friendly guide I would happily port the blur dialer to this ROM. The blur dialer is pretty awesome.

Except that you can port certain things like the blur camera back into focused if you want. There are a few blur things that are pretty good imo. Dialer is one of them.

sephtin

Reaction score
Sorry if I ruin any hopes or dreams with this post...

The blur dialer relies heavily on the MotoBlur framework... So, any ROM based on blur framework can use the Blur dialer without issue (rubiX Blurry, tranquility, apex, zapx, etc. etc. etc.)

ROMs that are not based on MotoBlur, will not likely ever run the blur dialer, along with a few other blur components that rely heavily on the blur framework.

Some apps just work (camera, gallery, keyboards, etc.)... Ones that require modding the framework are more trouble than their worth... there's no "porting them over" without some serious modifications to both framework and/or app..

In the mean time, if you're unhappy with the AOSP dialer that's in Focused, a few people use front-end dialers, available from the market such as DialerOne, or aContacts.

Hope this helps!

Reaction score
Issue is, dialer one and others dont fix the issue of calls coming in sideways when in landscape like when its on the car dock. I guess unless someone makes a dialer that can do it on its own or patches the aosp dialer somehow focused won't be able to get calls properly with the car dock?

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Blur dialer and contacts WILL NOT WORK, thats why there isn't an optional patch yet.

Framework is COMPLETELY different. I'm working on building a phone app from source that allows this to work.

Until then, I have a TEST rom with blur only included being: Blur phone, blur contacts, blur camera

here you go. THIS IS BETA, my x is out of commission so I can't test my self. There are some initial issues though

http://drod.epicroms.com/rubiX/rubiXLowBlurry.zip

Reaction score
Is this compatible with the leak or no leak? Dling now either way and waiting to hear back before install. More than willing to be a tester for this.

To anyone else reading this DO NOT install this till we find out if it is for leak or not.

BankZ

Reaction score
This is what I have been waiting for! My vote is we call it "fuzzy", HA.

Reaction score
Wow im on lowblur and it is nice! Havent ran into any bugs yet. Yes fm radio is there as is blur dialer and 3g hotspot. Tbh hack works fine on the hotspot. Hdmi is there too. Wow... basically everything on the wishlist is here! Lightning fast too. Doesn't have 3d gallery or google carhome but those are easy enough to add in yourself. Will keep on testing...