Bluetooth streaming music

claustin

Reaction score
I've been looking all day for any mentions of this and haven't found anything. Has anybody else had issues with bluetooth audio streaming? My bt headset and car stereo both connect, but I get no audio at all. Nothing out of the phone as if it thinks it's streaming via bt and I can see the song playing, but no sound at all from the connected device. Am I just missing something? I've tried unpairing and repairing, but the fact that I'm having this issue on two different devices leads me to believe that it's a bug or I'm just missing a setting I have to fix. Can anybody shed some light on this or having the same issue?

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've been looking all day for any mentions of this and haven't found anything. Has anybody else had issues with bluetooth audio streaming? My bt headset and car stereo both connect, but I get no audio at all. Nothing out of the phone as if it thinks it's streaming via bt and I can see the song playing, but no sound at all from the connected device. Am I just missing something? I've tried unpairing and repairing, but the fact that I'm having this issue on two different devices leads me to believe that it's a bug or I'm just missing a setting I have to fix. Can anybody shed some light on this or having the same issue?

Have you checked that settings/wireless & networks/bluetooth settings.
Check that bluetooth device has "connected to media audio" under device description.

Also if you long press your bluetooth device desription you get an options menu. Make sure that media is checked under profiles.

LOL, I just found out that my sony bluetooth headphones won't connect for phone settings. Thanks to you. They do coonect to media though. I may try a different kernel now. Because I know it used to work with my previous kernel.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
mine works fine. My headset has volume for both meia and phone.. perhaps its just turned down? I know I know.. dumb but. Hey it never hurts to try.

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
mine works fine. My headset has volume for both meia and phone.. perhaps its just turned down? I know I know.. dumb but. Hey it never hurts to try.

Hey that one did get me once! LOL. Now I check that first.

Did anything work yet Claustin?

Last edited:
OP
claustin

claustin

Reaction score
Nope still not working. I had already tried all the suggestions before I posted. The kernal idea didn't cross my mind though. Any suggestions for a good kernal for this rom?

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm running the stock that came with rom. I will try my ULV chevy kernal that I already have on my sd card. See if that will work. Be back in a bit to let you know. Although not everyone can use ULV. So might not work for you. But you can try. I will test

OP
claustin

claustin

Reaction score
I use clockwork. The only kernal I've tried is kingx#5 so I'll try that first.

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Maybe you should stick to slayher or chevy kernels as what UD recommends. Links are on the UD rom page. But you can do what you like. Slayher maybe not working for you so...

OP
claustin

claustin

Reaction score
ah right. Good call. I'll give chevy a shot.

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok. Chevy ULV 1-1.0ghz is working for my bluetooth and things seem fine. I used on my last rom (Lithium) for months. But hadn't put it on yet because was running pretty good with UD stock kernel.

Maybe pick 3 kernels. ULV, Low, Med. Put them in a folder on your sd card in case 1 doesn't work or you get bootloops. You can try a different one. Lemme know how it goes. I would be lost without my bluetooth use it everyday.

Last edited:

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Didn't notice before that you have incredible. Make sure those kernels are ok for you to use. Sorry I have Droid 1. Not sure??

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
See heres the issue.. he installed UD for the incredible. The kernel BD used may not have bluetooth ability and needs a patch. Like UD 8.0 for the D1.

OP
claustin

claustin

Reaction score
Well, it works for the phone, but media has the issue. Both connect and the phone acts like it's connected but I get nothing in my headphones, and yes I tried the volume ;) I've tried Chevy's 1.2 and 1.1 kernels and neither would boot, although maybe I was just too impatient. They just sat on the "HTC Incredible" splash screen for like 10 minutes. I'll try the 1.0 and then see about the slayer kernels...

insomniac2k2

Reaction score
Same problem here. Confirmed broken with KK's CFS and BFS kernel. Also broken with koush's test1 and test2 kernel. Rom definitely needs a patch IMO.

Well, it works for the phone, but media has the issue. Both connect and the phone acts like it's connected but I get nothing in my headphones, and yes I tried the volume ;) I've tried Chevy's 1.2 and 1.1 kernels and neither would boot, although maybe I was just too impatient. They just sat on the "HTC Incredible" splash screen for like 10 minutes. I'll try the 1.0 and then see about the slayer kernels...