bacchanal

bacchanal

Reaction score
Speaking of hijack...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
The what?

*edit, used google, got educated... Still doesn't solve the problem though. Does anyone know a way to list active notifications?

I googled it as well, but none of the links gave me a very good explanation. I never downloaded any Widgetoid app. Is this something that's pre-installed, maybe?

OP
bacchanal

bacchanal

Reaction score
Ghostwheel said:
I googled it as well, but none of the links gave me a very good explanation. I never downloaded any Widgetoid app. Is this something that's pre-installed, maybe?

No no, that app was something that poster installed, it explained why he had a space, but didn't explain the rest of ours. Still looking for an explanation :)

JohnnyWraith

Reaction score
I'm running Zoner Antivirus with the hide notification icon checked. I never noticed any blank space until about the time I started using Tasker, roughly a week ago.

Inky1216

Reaction score
I have the blank space too and I've been wondering about it. I am running stock ICS with GoLauncher. I am not running any of the apps previously mentioned, but guessed the space could be from SwitchPro widget which I am running in the drop down notifications. Hmmm...

View attachment 53073

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
I've had this happen too. It was simply from an app not having a supported/any notification bar icon. It was also quite simple to figure out which app it was by pulling down your notification area & comparing.

Some apps just don't have notification bar icons like the toggle widget above, other like mine do(mine is only setup to show status at this time but toggles can be added-it also has a choices of which icons to use). So if you have a blank icon in your notification bar, you either have something in the notification area that has no icon, no icon set, or maybe no supported ICS at this time(I think I had one of these when I first updated-maybe I was just no icon set though).

Here's a couple of screen shots, one showing no blank icons & one showing a blank icon(I switched the icon for tasker to non).

1339708296469.jpg

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I've had this happen too. It was simply from an app not having a supported/any notification bar icon. It was also quite simple to figure out which app it was by pulling down your notification area & comparing.

Some apps just don't have notification bar icons like the toggle widget above, other like mine do(mine is only setup to show status at this time but toggles can be added-it also has a choices of which icons to use). So if you have a blank icon in your notification bar, you either have something in the notification area that has no icon, no icon set, or maybe no supported ICS at this time(I think I had one of these when I first updated-maybe I was just no icon set though).

For me, that would narrow it down to one: the My Data Manager app, which coincidentally had its latest update on July 6 - right around the time I started noticing the gap in the icon bar. That's the ONLY app in my notification area that doesn't have (and never has, IIRC) a corresponding icon. Maybe it's time for a message to the developer...

OP
bacchanal

bacchanal

Reaction score
I figured it out! It was "My Data Manager", it is supposed to be just the bar notification, no icon, but now it leaves a space. thanks everyone for your help!

kaylaartist

Reaction score
Ok..I don't have a space, but starting last week, I have the following in my notification area and pull down.
1/0, then underneath it is an inverted triangle. Opens to NOTHING! Don't know what it's from. Cannot find any app I downloaded to do this and would LOVE to get rid of it. I have rebooted 2xs! Thanks in advance