181 & ICS - Official Release - Will they fix rotation issues?

sasilverman

Reaction score
My Razr has increasingly had "rotation problems" - and I need to restart it a few times/day if I want to type in landscape mode.

Anyone know when 181 is releasing to the general public and if it (or ICS) will address this issue?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've heard its going to be released or pushed, starting Monday. Idk for sure. Some have already gotten it. I guess we'll see.

As far as rotation issues, neither of my maxx's have had an issue related to landscape to portrait mode rotation. I'm lucky I guess.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

OP
S

sasilverman

Reaction score
Thanks - love my Razr either way. A little extra battery life (supposedly that is what 181 provides) would be great.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Thanks - love my Razr either way. A little extra battery life (supposedly that is what 181 provides) would be great.

That will help then... I've heard the same, and it also adds more stability to the phone... so here's to hoping!! Lol.

Your welcome, sorry I didn't know more.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Multiple times a do, do you let the screen auto close or do you manually close it with power button?
I ask because the few times it happened to me , it seems as if it timed itself out while in landscape ..

----posted maxx'ed out----

MattCHowell

Reaction score
I had the issue on .173, no rotation issues what so ever on leaked ICS, best stock rom I've ever had

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

SallyC

Reaction score
I've had increasing problems with this too and can't figure out why. It's not like they released another update and then it started. It was fine after the last update, but suddenly just started with this in the last couple weeks. Like another program is causing it, but I don't know what.

Strange.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
My Razr has increasingly had "rotation problems" - and I need to restart it a few times/day if I want to type in landscape mode.

Anyone know when 181 is releasing to the general public and if it (or ICS) will address this issue?
It sounds as if there is an issue with the auto rotation sensor. It could be a bad sensor or as SallyC suggest a 3rd party app that is interfering with that sensor. One way to find out if it is an app is to power off the phone and reboot into safe mode. Safe mode will allow only apps provided at time of manufacture to run...no 3rd party apps will be enabled. If the problem doesn't present itself while in safe mode then you probably have an app that is causing the problem. But, knowing SallyC she has probably already tried the safe mode test.

ViperX

Reaction score
Has a anyone tried to put in the code to force the update through?

ViperX

Reaction score
I can't remember it exactly but it's like *968*554# I don't remember exactly that's why I posted to see if someone had tried