181 & ICS - Official Release - Will they fix rotation issues?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I can't remember it exactly but it's like *968*554# I don't remember exactly that's why I posted to see if someone had tried

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
I'll be honest with you, I have never heard of a code that will prompt/force an update. But, there's alot of things I haven't heard of I guess lol.

Zandar

Reaction score
Never had the rotation issue, but I elk say the forthcoming update rocks! Speed increase on my 4G from ~7Mbps to over 15Mbps and ping went from ~150Ms to ~40ms. Couldn't be happier!

Sliced from my RAZR

ViperX

Reaction score
I was over a year ago. I did it with me droid x

ViperX

Reaction score
I work for ATT and there are codes you can put in to do an update instead going into the settings. It's what you do when going into settings doesn't work.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I think we got way off topic here guys. Thanks for the codes...I forgot about those things.

SallyC

Reaction score
It sounds as if there is an issue with the auto rotation sensor. It could be a bad sensor or as SallyC suggest a 3rd party app that is interfering with that sensor. One way to find out if it is an app is to power off the phone and reboot into safe mode. Safe mode will allow only apps provided at time of manufacture to run...no 3rd party apps will be enabled. If the problem doesn't present itself while in safe mode then you probably have an app that is causing the problem. But, knowing SallyC she has probably already tried the safe mode test.

You give me too much credit, my friend. I haven't tested it in Safe Mode because the problem is so intermittent. I'd have to go for days - maybe longer - without any of my "must have" apps. And if I run into the problem, and then boot into Safe Mode, it doesn't solve anything because rebooting would have fixed it anyways. I could start to journal and see what apps I used before it started acting up, but I'm not even sure app has to be started by me - it could be doing a background check or something.

I do know that I must do a real reboot - using a program like Fast Reboot which doesn't really reboot your phone, only the apps and processes, does not fix it.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
You give me too much credit, my friend. I haven't tested it in Safe Mode because the problem is so intermittent. I'd have to go for days - maybe longer - without any of my "must have" apps. And if I run into the problem, and then boot into Safe Mode, it doesn't solve anything because rebooting would have fixed it anyways. I could start to journal and see what apps I used before it started acting up, but I'm not even sure app has to be started by me - it could be doing a background check or something.

I do know that I must do a real reboot - using a program like Fast Reboot which doesn't really reboot your phone, only the apps and processes, does not fix it.
Darn SallyC, I just knew you were going to come on here and enlighten us all. Sorry you're having that problem...I understand about the limited value a safe mode might produce given the time it takes to test and install apps one or two at a time...I considered that when I made the suggestion in hopes that one of you guys were "lean" on 3rd party apps and was in position to give it a try. Oh well. Not sure if the .181 will help. I didn't notice any users in the soak test speaking about this issue or the lack thereof. I hope it solves the problem though.