cant update to ics and cant get back to .181!

desertjohn

Reaction score
so last few days iv been trying to update to ics and it always fails at around a 1/4h the way through the install with a triangle and explanation point in it. Iv uninstalled root and that didint work. then i changed all build props back to their original names. still wouldn't update. then i tried to go back to .181 using the razr utility 1.6 but every time i get an error saying " error: cannot load files\logo.bin" .I don't know what else to do now :/ any helps much appreciated guys!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Welcome to the forum!

The 1.7 Utility has the option to fix a broken ICS install. I don't think the 1.6 will work for you because you have already modified your system enough with that failed install to try and use those Fastboot files. Could wrong on that, but that option 1 from the 1.7 utility should get you fixed up, make sure you have the upgrade for ICS on your Ex-SD card.

OP
D

desertjohn

Reaction score
thanks! i cant seem to find the update online anywhere that has a valid link or has any seeders. so can i just download thw update from the phone and then just move it from my internal memory? where would it be saved? sorry for all the noobish questions.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
GoDux said:
Me again. I finally got my phone into the bootloader screen and got the same error as above when using the 1.6 utility. Should I try this method as well?

You got your phone to charge? You can try this one yes but you will need the ICS. 211 update zip file on your SD Card.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX.

GoDux

Reaction score
You got your phone to charge? You can try this one yes but you will need the ICS. 211 update zip file on your SD Card.

I've got the zip on my SD. Tried option 2 from the 1.7 utility. Phone won't boot into recovery. Not sure if I can power the device off and charge the battery. If not I presume it will be a fully functional paper weight by morning.....

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
GoDux said:
I've got the zip on my SD. Tried option 2 from the 1.7 utility. Phone won't boot into recovery. Not sure if I can power the device off and charge the battery. If not I presume it will be a fully functional paper weight by morning.....

I don't want to jack the OP's helping you, so if you want to start your own we can try and troubleshoot. But if you can't get into recovery that is a problem.

OP
D

desertjohn

Reaction score
thank you! got it working finally by manually installing ics.:biggrin:

OP
D

desertjohn

Reaction score
@GoDux i found a good tutorial that explained everything in detail step by step but im not sure if i can post outside links. just google "[UPDATED] Manual ICS "OTA" guide" and it's the first result.