Razr, ICS, and me...

OP
angryquaker

angryquaker

Reaction score
As I mentioned, it seems completely counter-intuitive to me to FDR a new phone, or a CLN phone for that matter. However, after reading yet another post suggesting doing so to a brand spanking new Razr, I'm game. I have my original "new" Razr charging to full now. It's already wiped, so I think I'm going to load up the .215 leak, activate it, then FDR twice, as suggested in another thread. I'm still apprehensive about all this CLN foofaraw, so I'll try it with the one I know was brand new and in the original box. If that doesn't do the trick, maybe I'll send one in for repair. My wife, on the other hand, is about ready to drop Verizon and get an iPhone or something crazy. I'll bring her around if I can get mine straightened out. I still feel that I shouldn't *have* to do a bunch of work to get it working right, but I can, and I also like to think I'm a good sport. So I'll give it the old college try. My name is Russ, btw. You can just call me Russ, or Angry, or Quaker, or what have you. I'm not really angry as a matter of course, nor am I a Quaker, but that's a story for another time...

dancedroid

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I agree with you, Russ... it does not make sense to do an fdr and a clnr because it should have been clean when you got it. There was a story on here sometime back that a person got a replacement and it still had the previous owners stuff on it. I imagine that is a rare event but you have to wonder. Hopefully for you (and you wife), you get it working like a charm. It would be great if your new one came through for you and you can send their clnr back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Nice bird...this is our sun conure ;)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1344559066840.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1344559066840.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 144
OP
angryquaker

angryquaker

Reaction score
Sorry, double posted in all the excitement. :blink:

OP
angryquaker

angryquaker

Reaction score
So...I have .215 running on my original brand new (in Feb) Razr. Oddly enough, the speaker doesn't sound distorted anymore, but I haven't really listened to anything but the volume up/down beep thingy. I did something stupid or something quirked along the way, as Voodoo OTA doesn't seem to be restoring root. It keeps popping up that it "has been granted superuser permissions for an interactive shell," but it's not doing it's thing. It says "/system supports root protection," and "Protected su copy available," but it freezes, and I get a popup that it's not responding, wait, report, or FC. #SU says there is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. Most peculiar. I'll keep kicking it around for a bit.

Edit: ...aaaaaaaand...

Ran the DroidRazrRoot.com_ICS utility thing again, and presto! Root restored. I guess that works on the .215 leak. The bad news: either my SD card is fritzed or something went sideways there, too, as my backup is non-existent. The good news: contacts and such are intact thru Google, and I didnt have a big honkin' list of apps since I'd gotten the CLN phone last week. Everything on my SD card is backed up on the 'puter, so that's fine, too. I'm rather surprised the speaker sounds OK now, and I'm pretty stoked about that. Befuddled, but stoked nonetheless. I'll get my junk all situated again and report my findings tomorrow or this weekend. I should go on to bed now, but I'll more likely sit here DLing apps and such, a tweaking. I thank you all for your ongoing support.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Wow, that is super... a mystery but who cares if the problems are solved. And very very very smart to keep everything backed up on your pc. It just doesn't feel nearly as bad when things like that happen. Actually makes you want to do a happy dance and say "na nanana na, ha ha, got it covered" to your failing tech gismos when they fail.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums