Bionic/Skype fail.

wizard

Reaction score
No video chat, just black screen. Have tried hacked Skype off xda forum and mine still don't work.

Have tried many different configurations under advanced settings.

Any help would be great.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
wizard

wizard

Reaction score
I know I have video on as I video chatted. I just had black screen no matter what camera I chose. I tried both advanced fixes one at a time and then both at the same time no combo worked for me so I think I am just missing some thing..

That's why I started the post to see if others had a real fix or if this is just me.

If there its a fix please detail how this works.

fatpomp

Reaction score
I set mine up following these directions and it works perfectly for me. Try these if you haven't yet.

I got Skype to work with video on my Droid Bionic by doing the following:

1 Uninstall all Skype versions on your phone.

2 Install the modified version of Skype found here xda-developers - View Single Post - Skype 2.1.0.46 (v11) / fixes, extra features & more!

3 Sign in to Skype and on the main page hit the menu key (on your phone) then go to Advanced Settings.

4 Check-mark the option Use valid preview surface

5 Once back and on the Skype main screen hit the menu key (on your phone) and go in to Settings (Regular Settings this time) and check-mark Enable video calling

Enjoy your video calls on your phone.

I have tested this on mine and it works Phone to Phone or Phone to PC. Both cameras are working.

Credits go to theos0o from XDA developers and gazan1204 from droid forums

don_droid

Reaction score
Hi, I just saw that Skype annouced a new version on the iPhone, so I assume they will have a new version for Android soon. How long a wait is there normally?

lanza_david

Reaction score
A skype update is up in the market! Haven't tested it. It lists the bionic as 'landscape only'

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

don_droid

Reaction score
I just tested the new Market versin of Skype and it works well. Now I can video call my wife on her Ipod Touch 4 Generation.

OP
wizard

wizard

Reaction score
Both are working ty to all that pitched in.