Video chatting (skype)

wesdo2gg

Reaction score
I'm helping a buddy out with this new Bionic and we were trying to get Skype over 4G working. Is there a cracked .APK out that supports video chat over 4G using the front facing camera?

AmberMarie

Reaction score
Yes!!! Its an app called TANGO red box with big white T...i tried skype and it wouldnt work Skype doesnt support the Bionic yet...but Tango is great im addicted (:)
<3 AmberMarie
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

AmberMarie

Reaction score
Ohhh i guess i read ur post wrong...sorry :) i dont know anything about the other stuff...but i hope you get it figured out!!
<3 AmberMarie

willlayb

Reaction score
i cant seem to get any decent quality out of it...but im video chatting on a modified version of skype over the network. what should i really expect? lol

but it does work

lanza_david

Reaction score
A skype update is up in the market! Haven't tested it. It lists the bionic as 'landscape only'

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
A skype update is up in the market! Haven't tested it. It lists the bionic as 'landscape only'

I'm not downloading that version. Apparently there are a lot of ads in it. I'll stick to the hacked ad free version.

billyk

Reaction score
I downloaded it and got an error during the download re: package signing. Can't check to see if it works right now, but I may be going back to the cracked version, which works great on my Bionic.

Anyone else download and actually get to try it out?

lanza_david

Reaction score
I'm not downloading that version. Apparently there are a lot of ads in it. I'll stick to the hacked ad free version.

I couldn't get the cracked version work. Enabled video in settings. Forced it in advance settings. Nothing. That's why I was waiting for the official one.

I am fine with adds. We'll see.

rumblee1

Reaction score
Using google talk. Works flawlesslly

jacobrv

Reaction score
Haven't tried it yet but engadget says skype just updated to add video support for the bionic. Just fyi.

haimez

Reaction score
The signing issue when you download the update is from a signing key mismatch between the hacked version and the new update. Uninstall the hacked version first, then install the new Skype client through app market.

idk5

Reaction score
Skype just got updated to support bionic last night I believe haven't tried it out yet

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

mikespe

Reaction score
When registering for an account in the phone number section what is the country code for the USA? It keeps stopping my registration because of this? (sorry to hijack thread! :)